I know I rarely just write on here, but I feel so strongly about this, I couldn't help but write it down...
I love so many things about Our Church , one of these days I will take the time to write them down, but one thing I am SO so Thankful for today is the fact that we are a WORLDWIDE Church. That we have a living Prophet to lead and guide us at all times. That I KNOW, NO MATTER where we go, the church will always be the same, sure the people will be different, but what our church believes, what we stand for and what is taught in our buildings is the same.
I have recently met one of the kindest women I think I have ever met. Like us, she is new to the area, and religion is a HUGE part of their lives. Through talking to her, she has expressed the sadness and frustration of finding a church for her family to attend while they are here temporarily. They finally found one that was "ok, better than nothing" but still can't wait to move back to where they came from and attend the church they love.
Moving is stressful enough, I can't even imagine adding the stress of finding a new church to attend. I am SO grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and for a mother that always made sure we knew where we were supposed to be on the Sabbath Day.
I love so many things about Our Church , one of these days I will take the time to write them down, but one thing I am SO so Thankful for today is the fact that we are a WORLDWIDE Church. That we have a living Prophet to lead and guide us at all times. That I KNOW, NO MATTER where we go, the church will always be the same, sure the people will be different, but what our church believes, what we stand for and what is taught in our buildings is the same.
I have recently met one of the kindest women I think I have ever met. Like us, she is new to the area, and religion is a HUGE part of their lives. Through talking to her, she has expressed the sadness and frustration of finding a church for her family to attend while they are here temporarily. They finally found one that was "ok, better than nothing" but still can't wait to move back to where they came from and attend the church they love.
Moving is stressful enough, I can't even imagine adding the stress of finding a new church to attend. I am SO grateful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and for a mother that always made sure we knew where we were supposed to be on the Sabbath Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment