Saturday, February 20, 2010

Buncha Stuff

The day after Jocelyn's Birthday, we went up to Doug and Deb's house for Sunday Dinner (as usual) but that day we Celebrated Todd's Birthday. We also got to meet his fiance's new baby. She was born in December but not due until March. She passed all her tests in no time and was able to come home the end of January. She was so tiny and I can't wait till I can hold her. I have had this cold type thing for the last month or so and wasn't sure if it was just pregnancy stuff or contagious stuff, so I kept my distance. Didn't want the little one getting sick!

This is Todd and one of Tanya's twins, Josh...

...and this is Jake.

Sweet LITTLE Kennadee and Grandpa Doug. :)


So i have been carrying a post it note pad full of funny things the kids have been saying at school. They are such ham's such time! So let's call this section Saturday Sillies!

I was taking pictures of the kids playing around the classroom and I go to take a picture of a boy playing in our big pillows and right when he sees I'm taking a picture he yells "I HAVE A FAT HEAD!!" and hides under the pillow. It totally caught me off guard, and made me laugh so hard. I told his mom about it when she came to pick him up and she was said to her son laughing "What?! I've never heard you say anything like that. Where did you get that from?"

One week we were learning about community helpers and Jennifer was talking about different jobs in the community and she said "Miss Gwen, Miss Jodi and I are community helpers. What are we?" One kid pops off "Your HUMANS!"
Well we sure couldn't disagree with that one...

There was a day during outside time that the kids seemed to think I was a jungle gym and kept climbing on me and asking for piggy back rides. Well it sure did wear me out after a while and i finally started saying "Man guys, I'm tired! You guys wore me out!" Well as we were walking inside, one of the jungle gymmers was holding hands with Gwen and Gwen was talking to her and Gwen said "Man, I'm tired..."
Little girl: "Me too."
"Are you tired like Miss Gwen?"
"No, I'm tired like Miss Jodi"
"haha OH! Ok..."

i have one little girl who has really taken a liking to me and always wants to sit on my lap or have me giver her a piggy back ride. (she can also climb all the way to my shoulders with no help from me whatso ever... if yo haven't guessed, SHE started the happenings of the day on the previous story) Well we were going outside and she wanted me to give her a piggy back and I told her, no she needs to walk herself, maybe when we get outside. So we get to the boundary of the playground she stops and looks up at me and says "NOW!!!" I didn't think that sweet little girl could be so demanding. It startled me a little...

Back to the week talking about community helpers, Jennifer was singing a little song asking kids what they wanted to be and there was one answer that was my favorite... It went "Bobby can be whatever she wants to be"
"who me?"
"yes you! What do you wanna be?"
"A RAINBOW!"

We had a doctor set in our classroom for two weeks and the kids would dress up like doctors and get out their little doctor kits and fix people. Well one day there was one little girl who was LOVING being a patient. They had been playing for probably 10 minutes and I waled by once at a 'restart' time and the patient said "Doctor, I have something wrong with my..." *thinking what should be next* and one of the girls playing a doctor, and apparently annoyed with her patient said "I don't ALWAYS have to take care of you." Let's hope if she DOES become a doctor, that little mindset disappears. haha

Again, during community helpers week, we had some kids' dads come in and talk to us about their jobs or what they are studying in school. Our morning class had a dad who was about to get his doctorate in Robotics. That was so cool! Thats the best I've ever paid attention at circle time, thats for sure! Well the afternoon class had a Civil Engineer so he brought in a lot of pictures of roads and bridges and buildings to show the kids the kinds of things civil engineers design. He held up a picture of the tallest building in the world and he said "do you guys know what this is?"
And almost in unison the about 5 or 6 kids said "It's a TEMPLE!"
Thank you Utah. :)

We have this thing called special day for each of the kids. It is a day where one kid gets to bring something from home to show and they get to go first to wash hands fro snack and lunch and stuff like that. Well they can play with any toys they bring during playtime. One kid brought some Bakugans and another kid wanted to play with them. Well people were playing with them already so he was walking around saying "nobody cares about me" pretty much to anyone who would listen. He went up to "fat head" boy, from above :) and said "Nobody cares about me" and the other boy said "I care about you" and another girl who heard him said "me too!" so the first one lit up and said "Then will yo let me play with the Bakugan?" Ahh, the sympathy tactic...

And last but not least...
I was playing dress up with girls and they were asking the boys to go on dates with them. She picked my clothes to put on and gave me a purse and handing me a little vest, said "here, this is for when you find someone to do you, put it in your purse."
"oh, when I find someone to go on a date with me?"
(Looks at me like i'm stupid...) "yeah..."
If only she knew what she REALLY just said...

But humor in my life doesn't only come from the kids I work with, my husband tends to keep me on my toes as well. We started our prenatal classes last Monday and as we were getting ready for them this is our conversation.
"K Matt, you need to get ready to go, we need to leave in a few minutes."
(he was playing Wii)
"Ok, do I need to change my clothes?"
"I don't care, if you want to change out of your work clothes you can..."
"Do I need to wear exercise clothes or something?"
"no..." *laughing* "What do you think you will have to be doing while I'm in labor?"
"Well I don't know!!!"

And last night we took a carload of stuff to the DI and I wanted to stop at the RC Willey outlet here to see if they had decent priced cribs and stuff. We get over to where there are three full size cribs set up and Matt says "THIS is a crib? THIS IS HUGE! That won't fit in our house! That's not how big Cami and Devins is. How big was Abbies? THIS IS NOT A NORMAL CRIB! This is HUGE!" and on and on like that. I don't know why he was so surprised, he has seen Abbies at Joyce and George's house, Jocelyns, and all of them at Babies R Us, but for some reason he thought a crib was the size of a bassinet.

Oh this first baby of ours will sure be an adventure!


No comments: