Monday, October 5, 2009

Kinda Random...Kinda not...

So I've had a couple random thoughts run through my mind today...

1. First...Uncle Bill, I confess it was me who asked for a few more peaches, to me it was a happy medium between how both of my grandma's do peaches! It was so much fun...

2. If it freezes every night now, why would you keep your sprinkler system set to come on at 7pm....isn't it bad for the grass to get a layer of ICE on it every night?

3. Ever heard a FOUR YEAR OLD say "MAY BAAD!" Well I have...he said it in response to "you forgot to push in your chair..." Yeah, Jennifer (the head teacher) and I were pretty much doubled over laughing, so there were a few kids that noticed and asked why were were laughing and Jennifer said "because he just said 'My Baad' and we thought it was funny..." We then had 10 more four year olds saying "my bad..."

4. Food for thought: If you are looking for a Halloween Costime Related Item in the month of October, a good bet would be your local Wal-Mart, Kmart or Shop-Ko, OR one of the MANY Halloween superstores opening in Malls and strip malls across the Wasatch Front...I'm just saying...

5. Did I miss the memo that 5:30pm today was GAS UP YOUR CAR time?

Ok...now for some pictures from the weekend...and the NOT random part of this post...

So Matt and I want on a hike on Saturday after he got off work. We actually started about 4:30 and were back at our car at 8:30. (I'm the slow poke who slowed Matt down. He did this same hike alone a couple weeks ago with an additional two miles, it only took him 3 hours... SORRY BABE!) Matt said it was about 6 1/2 miles that we did. It was a hard hike, very steep and uphill most the time and then a steep down hill for the last 1-1 1/2 hours, so we definitely got a leg workout...

So here's the breakdown...
And then some pictures...








I love when you can see the sun rays through the clouds like this, and the little spotlights they were making on the lake were even cooler (you may have to click on the picture to see the bigger view to really see it...) It reminds me of the picture of The First Vision so it makes me think/feel that right then and there God is looking down on us from JUST above the clouds...


Yes we hiked in about an inch of snow for a good hour or two...


Ok! Well that was Saturday night... Friday night we went to the BYU game where they kicked butt and took names (although they should have kicked MORE butt and taken MORE names) but a win in a win and we moved up in the ranking from 20 to 18, so we'll take it. Saturday morning Matt had to work and I watched/listened to conference and cleaned my house (I get "cleaning the house on conference Sunday" habit from my mom)... Then the hike then SUNDAY it was time for conference again and my favorite talk by far was, well I love Elder Packer's and Elder Perry's talks (as always), but President Monson's stuck out the most. His talk about his birthday wish and the response to it was AMAZING. I especially loved his talk and reaction to Warm Fuzzies because that was my favorite week of Seminary. I think I still have many a Warm Fuzzy in my scriptures I used in Seminary.
There was one more talk. I think it was Sunday afternoon, and I am not sure who gave it because it was raining so the antenna wasn't working so I had it on the radio, but I really enjoyed it. He talked about heart transplants and compared them to having out own personal change of heart. It truly hit home for me.

But really, ALL of the talks were good. It was an amazing conference. I am so grateful to be a memeber of such a wonderful church with such loving and caring leaders that want nothing more than for us to be happy and succeed and are willing to help in all ways possible. It brings my great comfort to know I have such a great support system to fall back on, whether it be my husband, my family, the Lord or even my scriptures. I know I am never alone and as long remember that, I will never be lost in the world.

I just want to thank all of my friends and family out there for all the love and support you have given me throughout my life. I truly have THE BEST people surrounding me. I love you all!

1 comment:

Jeri Short Gurney said...

You just made my day! And also, is your husband okay after falling off the mountain? I am almost positive he is falling down the hill in that one picture. Hopefully he gets well soon ;)