Monday, June 4, 2012

Katie's Wedding

 When Matt decided Biloxi, Mississippi was where he wanted to do his clinical, like the good wife I am, I said "Ok honey, whatever you need to do..." But inside I was secretly dreading it.

Knowing Katie lived in Louisiana, I looked up how close she lived to Biloxi, and it wasn't extremely close, but could make for a nice little weekend getaway.

I first met Katie in Kindergarten.  We were instant friends, having sleepovers almost every weekend.  The fact that we still keep in touch, I think is pretty amazing...

A few weeks after we knew we were moving here, she announced her engagement on facebook!  Of course I asked if she had a date set, and she did... June 2, 2012

WE WOULD BE LIVING THERE BY THEN!

I was ECSTATIC!

So the ONE and only reason I was excited to move here has finally arrived, and it couldn't have been any better!

Not only did I get to see this beautiful girl get married to one of the nicest guys I've met (heck, he immediately gave me a hug, and talked to me like WE were old friends as well!)...

...I got to spend time with my cute little family...

  *One of the crazy camera settings, HDR...?*


 ...and see another one of my friends that is both one of my oldest friends as well (1st grade) but I haven't seen her since High School Graduation, Lexi...

 It was also so nice to see Katie's little sister Megan, Katie's parents, even though her dad was being such a social butterfly, I didn't get to talk to him, and Lexi's dad.

It was a wonderful weekend!  I am still on cloud 9 because of it!
 

No comments: