As briefly mentioned in a previous post, Matt and I are now SunBeams teachers. Some of the connections their minds make are priceless.
Me: "Does anyone know what this animal is?"
Kids: "DONKEY!"
"Do you guys know anyone who rode on a donkey?
"JESUS!/MARY AND JOSEPH!"
Kid 1: "He went to Jerusalum!"
Kid 2: "No, they went to Bethlehem!"
"That's right, Mary and Joseph rode a donkey to Bethlehem and Jesus rode a donkey to Jerusalem"
"And then the soldiers took him away and he died"
"Did he die? Or did he wake back up?"
"Yeah! He woke up and walked out of the tomb and that's why we have SPRING BREAK!"
"Thats why we have EASTER, and yes Spring Break is close to Easter."
We have Spring Break and we don't have to go to school!"
Yes, Jesus was resurrected so you could have a couple days off school...
Well I THOUGHT I did a good job with my Easter lesson last week...
No comments:
Post a Comment