Yes, my daughter will be two tomorrow, and aside from the rare occasion that she is not with us (spending the night at Grandma Bruce's, Grandma Debbie's, or Aunt Cami's) there has not been a night that I go to sleep without going to check on her right before I go to bed. I just can't sleep until I see my baby girl one last time.
And I think she knows I do it...
The last couple days, if I am laying down somewhere, she will come up to me, put her face right up to mine and gently rub my cheek, which coincidentally enough is exactly what I do to her every night..
ANYWAY...
When I went in tonight, this is what I found...
There are two things about this picture that make me laugh...
1. When I put her to bed, her pillow was on the other end of her crib. So clearly Mama messed up in switching the pillow's location...
2. Of course the book, (which by the way, I don't know how she got. I am almost certain it wasn't in there when I put her to bed) immediately I thought, "that's my side of the family coming out in her..."
Ever since I was little, I have had a hard time falling asleep without reading first. Either my dad would read to me, or I would read. I am so glad my daughter has inherited my love for books.
And then, you see, I seem to remember hearing that my cousin Kristi would fall asleep reading, and my Aunt Kathy had to make sure and go in there and take the book off her face or chest so she wouldn't lose her place in the book she was reading*. So immediately I wanted to share this with Kristi and Aunt Kathy, but as it is late and everyone is probably sleeping, even MST family, I will post it here and they will see it eventually!
* Let me know if I need to make any corrections to this story, you two!
No comments:
Post a Comment