Hi ya'll, Jodi here. After some major begging, Kymbree finally let me post my own post. I just wanna take a minute and complain about something. Thanks to an AMAZING Freshman English Teacher, Mr. Stemle, my film watching was forever tainted. He even warned us in the beginning of his class, that he had students coming to him thanking/complaining about how they watch movies now. I laughed, thinkg that could never happen to me, but sure enough, here I am almost 12 years later paying way to much attention to DETAILS and SYMBOLISM. This post is mostly about the details. So here is my beef:
I've been catching up on Army Wives on Netflix since the new season starts soon. And they switch actors for a character, and it really bugs me. Iron man to Iron Man 2 did it too with..."Rhodey"...Batman Series did it with Rachel Dawes... ANYWAY they have done it twice now. First time didn't bug me AS much. Here we have the two actresses who play Emmalin Holden. The reason I say it didn't bug me to much is because The original Emmalin (left) was only in the first season, and in hardly any of the episodes, but she had a very distinct look, as does the second Emmalin, so it was pretty obvious, but just one season, not to big of deal...


But then they changed the actor for this character, T.J... First T.J. (left) was in a lot of the episodes for the first 4 seasons, then in the 5th season they brought in this kid on the right. This exchange was better, I was figuring, oh maybe the boy just hit puberty, his hair darkened up... But what REALLY got me was in season 4, there was a point at which the kids age was brought up, he was 10. That was right before his dad deployed. In another home, Denise was pregnant when her son and husband went out on the same deployment, and pretty far a long at that. Well the last episode concludes with Denise having the baby, and T.J. is still 10 MAYBE 11. Well Season 5 starts in Denise's home, they are all over seeing the baby, who was like a month old at the very oldest, so T.J. is STILL 10 MAYBE 11 because only a month at the most passed in "Army Wives" time between the two seasons. Well Roxy starts complaining about dealing with her "teenager" (referring to T.J.) and Roland says "Teenager, isn't he only 12?" UGH!! REALLY?! you changed the actor AND added TWO YEARS to his life in the span of ONE MONTH!? SO ANNOYING!


In other news, Kymbree got her first bad haircut today... And sadly enough, it came from me. I got just a little over zealous with the scissors. Luckily it is only like 1cm shorter than I wanted it to be, so it will grow out fast, right? and at least its straight! Oh my poor girl!
I've been catching up on Army Wives on Netflix since the new season starts soon. And they switch actors for a character, and it really bugs me. Iron man to Iron Man 2 did it too with..."Rhodey"...Batman Series did it with Rachel Dawes... ANYWAY they have done it twice now. First time didn't bug me AS much. Here we have the two actresses who play Emmalin Holden. The reason I say it didn't bug me to much is because The original Emmalin (left) was only in the first season, and in hardly any of the episodes, but she had a very distinct look, as does the second Emmalin, so it was pretty obvious, but just one season, not to big of deal...


But then they changed the actor for this character, T.J... First T.J. (left) was in a lot of the episodes for the first 4 seasons, then in the 5th season they brought in this kid on the right. This exchange was better, I was figuring, oh maybe the boy just hit puberty, his hair darkened up... But what REALLY got me was in season 4, there was a point at which the kids age was brought up, he was 10. That was right before his dad deployed. In another home, Denise was pregnant when her son and husband went out on the same deployment, and pretty far a long at that. Well the last episode concludes with Denise having the baby, and T.J. is still 10 MAYBE 11. Well Season 5 starts in Denise's home, they are all over seeing the baby, who was like a month old at the very oldest, so T.J. is STILL 10 MAYBE 11 because only a month at the most passed in "Army Wives" time between the two seasons. Well Roxy starts complaining about dealing with her "teenager" (referring to T.J.) and Roland says "Teenager, isn't he only 12?" UGH!! REALLY?! you changed the actor AND added TWO YEARS to his life in the span of ONE MONTH!? SO ANNOYING!


In other news, Kymbree got her first bad haircut today... And sadly enough, it came from me. I got just a little over zealous with the scissors. Luckily it is only like 1cm shorter than I wanted it to be, so it will grow out fast, right? and at least its straight! Oh my poor girl!
1 comment:
Lol I thought I was the only one that noticed about tj's age... I'm in film and yup we'll never see tv the same way again. I wonder why they changed the actor like that. All of a sudden.... That's a major mistake they made with his age
Post a Comment