Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blessing

We blessed Kymbree on July 4. She was one of four babies to be blessed that day. We had an AMAZING support system with so much family there, I was very surprised at how large of a circle we had for her...I think there was an inner and outer circle. Matt gave her such a sweet and precious blessing. I'm so grateful to have the priesthood in my home and a wonderful husband that holds it for me. Thank you to all of our friends and family who shared our special day with us!

Here are most of who was in the circle...
Front Row, left to right:
Jason, Grandpa Mitchell, Matt & Kymbree, Dennis and Don
Back Row, left to right:
Uncle Jim, My dad, Rhett, Todd, Doug and Devin

And these two got away from the church before we could take a picture... Had some adjusting to do...

Ryan, Matt & Kymbree and Nate

Bruce 4 Generations...
Grandma Bruce, Dad, Kymbree and Me

Doug and Debbie were SO SWEET to let us have the luncheon at their house... When we started counting, we had about 60 people there... with that many people they were BEYOND SWEET to let us have the party there. It was a combination graduation/blessing lunch. We had so much fun being with SO MANY friends and family. Although Kymbree slept through most of it, we really appreciated it all and had a blast with GREAT FOOD.

Mitchell and Scallion Families... I don't think we've EVER gotten a picture with ALL of us and Abbie smiling! It really WAS a great day! :)

Matt and Kymbree with Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell...
All the way from Rialto California, just the night before!

Us and Omi

Opa (or OldPa :) ) Me, Kymbree, Matt and Omi Jr.

We were getting ready for a picture and as I was bouncing her, my tip of my finger went into her mouth and gums with a little more force than was pleasant... :S We we were trying to calm her down...

She was hungry...

That morning when we got to the church, Uncle Jim came and told us that Grandpa had been life-flighted to the U of U hospital. I guess they were with Unlce Ric getting ready to go and Grandpa started having a hard time walking and moving, so the took him to the hospital in Evanston where they decided to life-flight him. He ended up having a stroke but since they caught it early enough, not much damage was done, he just lost some of his short term memory. We're so glad he ended up being ok. Mom took this picture of me talking to grandpa about his day and I will cherish it forever. I love to talk to my grandpa and hear his stories, even if it is the 4th time we have heard it. He loves his family so much and you can tell by the way he tells you about them.



We finally made it home and we had to let Kymbree just hang out for a minute before going to bed. She's getting really good at pushing herself up and getting REALLY good at being the cutest little thing I have ever seen...

Matt doing her daily stretches...

2 comments:

Jen said...

so sad we missed it! can't wait to meet your sweet girl. love ya.

Chalisse Martineau said...

Your little Kymbree is adorable!!