Thursday, July 29, 2010

3 Months

So Cami tells me last week "you need to do Kymbree's 3 month post" and I think, "ok, but I need to do her blessing and another kinda random post (the two previous) before I do her 3 month and I'll be caught up" So here it is, MY BABY IS 3 MONTHS OLD!

And isn't she just the cutest little thing you have ever seen? I personally thing she is!
At 3 months she can...
  • Roll from her belly to her back SOMETIMES... She's done it twice in two weeks...
  • Suck on her hands like there is no tomorrow
  • Focus on and kick her duck and whale in the tub
  • Give us so many smiles and giggles!
  • Sleep at least 7 hours at night
  • Push herself up like a champ
  • Loves going on hikes
Well we haven't have a doctor appointment in awhile and her next one is on her Grandma Bruce's Birthday, so you will get her stats next month...


So remember how I said after I do her three month post, I will be caught up? Well I was wrong...

The day before Kymbree's blessing Matt, my dad and his dad went on a hike. Well on the hike they saw a 4 week old baby so Matt decided it was time to take Kymbree hiking, so that is what we have been doing the past couple weekends.

Bridal Veil Falls







Vivian Park-ish

My parents came down and did this one with us. It was gorgeous. So weird to see that kind of green and vegetation in Utah, but I'm definitely NOT complaining.


Kymbree doing what she does best...Being adorable!

American Fork Canyon
Tibble Fork

We met up with the Scallions family. Origianlly the plan was at Tibble Fork Lake/Resevoir but on the way up there we noticed a lot of picnic areas with fire-pits, lots of shade and right nest to the river that would probably be better for the kiddos. So after getting to Tibble Fork, getting out of the car and looking around a little bit, we decided to go back down the road and find an open picnic area and flag down the Scallions when we saw them. It was so much fun with very yummy food! Everything is better when cooked in the outdoors!

Abbie didn't say so, but appreciated being by the river :)

If you haven't noticed, Matt likes to have babies hold sticks...


Abbie showing us how she blew on the fire to make it big

Check out the mo hawk on Grace! Its like 3 inches long!

We had to trick Abbie into looking at me for a picture

This position keeps her occupied for LONG periods of time!



Abbie's first s'more! She insisted Cami keep making her more, but she would just eat the chocolate out of it and Cami would end up eating the rest of it.


Did you know if you 'knead' marshmallows, they turn into taffy? I didn't know that, but I do now! :)

Matt and I were again amazed by the scenery up AF canyon, it was so beautiful and we couldn't believe we have lived here almost three years and have never been up there


We stopped at a little view area/trailhead and Kymbree was asleep in the car. I told Matt I wanted to take a picture of us and he said "But Kymbree's asleep." So apparently we are no longer allowed to take pictures with just us two anymore... haha

Cascade SpringsMy Aunt Kathy told us about this place. They found it when they took the scenic route home from their annual trip to Escalante. I think she told me about this place...4 years ago and I have never forgotten about it, I just didn't know where to look to find it. Well we were driving home from Tibble Fork and there were signs for Cascade Springs so I insisted we go there. It was DEFINITELY worth the detour. SO PRETTY! We saw a girl getting her bridals done there and Matt said "We should get dressed up in our Wedding clothes and come get pictures up here... Wouldn't that be funny if we did that like every year..." Well maybe not more WEDDING pictures up there, but it is a definite location for future family pictures!


I promise to you this picture was taken IN UTAH! haha. I said "No wonder one of the trails to the peak of Timp is called ASPEN GROVE."

Backside of Timp. If you click on the picture it will enlarge and you will see to the left of the big pine tree in the center, there are waterfalls that go almost all the way down the mountain... Those waterfalls alone make me want to hike to the peak with Matt... I LOVE WATERFALLS!

Going to bath time... Playing airplane I thought it was cute, so I am sharing it with you!

No comments: