Hello from the Mitchell House!
Lately we have been working on our telepathy skills in hopes of keeping the Mutants under control...
...Visiting friends
Chill baby (Natalie)
ZONKED baby (Grace)
Crying baby (Kymbree)
Chill baby (Natalie)
ZONKED baby (Grace)
Crying baby (Kymbree)

And taking lots and lots of pictures...
Apparently Kymbree likes her hands by her face, this is a new thing that has developed in the last week, but we've been getting some pretty cute pictures out of it, with great "thought bubbles" to go along with them...It started with Matt calling her Professor X (as shown above)...
Then she wanted to be a moose...

Then she decided to follow in William McKinley High School's footsteps and show us the power of Madonna

And finally, I guess she just got sick of me telling her how beautiful she is!
But swaddling her up nice and tight with her hand by her sides still does wonders for calming her down...Last friday she had her CT scan for her surgery. Cindy and I were fully expecting a very UNeventful day of sitting in the hospital all day because when they sedate under 1 month of age, they are kept for 12 hours for evaluation. Well she couldn't eat breastmilk since 5 am but she could have pedialite until 7 am, but that still left us 3 hours till the test. She wasn't a happy camper... Well the pediatric nurses have this WONDERFUL thing they refer to as "sweeties." Its high concentrated sugar water that they use to calm babies down. She said it makes them forget they have an empty tummy. Well as we were hooking her up to monitors and taking vitals, this nurse noticed that when she gave her a drop of the sweeties, Kymbree calmed WAY down for about 2 minutes. They only needed her to be COMPLETELY STILL for about 30 seconds to get the picture, and since it was of the neck, it was a one time shot with the contrast and all, so if she moved at all, the whole day was wasted because they can't give more contrast and such. But the nurses were compassionate and knew NO ONE wants to just SIT in a hospital all day, so they talked it over and decided to put her IV in (for the contrast and anesthesia), wrap her up REAL good and tight, put her on the CT table, giver her the sweeties and binkie and see how long she laid still. Well she didn't move at all for long enough they decided to administer the contrast and take the picture, all the while PRAYING she didn't move. So in when the sweeties, in went the binkie, on went the CT and our little girl didn't move a muscle! The test was scheduled for 10 am, we planned on being there until about 9pm that night... But we were in the car heading home at 10:15 AM. Oh it was awesome. We were so so excited! What a good little girl we have! I am still amazed at HOW they make a needle small enough to get into those veins, and not only that, HOW they PLACE the IV... Those pediatric nurses are AMAZING.
(In case you were curious, this, the no sedation story of this post, is what is being referred to as "AWESOME-NESS" in the blog title... :) )
What are the other "pokings" you ask? Well when she was 3 and 4 days old she had to get more blood tests for her jaundice, luckily that cleared up... And then yesterday we had her two week appointment and they had to do just a routine blood draw... Sad day, I hate to see her cry from pain! But in happier news...
She is now...
7 lbs 10 oz
(25th Percentile)
(almost) 21 in. Long
(63rd Percentile)
(almost) 14 in. Head Circumference
(31st Percentile)
And here she is at just a little over 2 weeks (yesterday)...
This is just a picture I got with my phone, but Chrisite took some more better ones that will be coming to a mailbox near you!

Last Sunday we headed up to West Valley to attend Grace's Baby blessing. It was good to see all of Cami's family again, her neice and nephews just get cuter every time I see them! Devin did a great job with the blessing. It was so nice to share their special day with them!
Devin works graveyards on the weekends now, so he was a bit sleep deprived. VERY soon after this picture he escaped to dreamland...
ALAS! We have all popped!
Kymbree... 2 weeks, 2 days
Grace... 2 months, 1 day
Natalie... 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days
Another sleepy time picture. I love to see them like this, it melts my heart (obviously, since I take pictures of it almost every time it happens) I love this one because of how she is resting her hand on Matt's chest... Matt loves her so much, every morning before he leaves for work, he reaches over and gets her out of the bassinet and lets her sleep on his chest for a couple minutes... I'm so blessed to have them both in my life.

6 comments:
yay!! OOO she's so sweet! I can't wait to hold her.
She is so cute! Just remember that Matt and Kymbree are as blessed to have you in their lives! Love you and can't wait to see you guys again!
Jodi I just barely got on your blog, and saw your little cutie for the first time! she is adorable. Looks like you are enjoying her. So happy for you guys.
Thanks for all the pictures. She sure is cute!
Oh, and Alex came back on Tuesday and asked, "Where's Miss Jodi?" I had forgotten he has been gone this whole time you've been gone....
Jodi, she is such a doll! I hope I get to see her soon!
Post a Comment