Just in case you haven't heard, our sweet little girl is here!
So let's start from the beginning...
At my doctors appointment on Thursday, April 15, I was still 80% effaced and dilated to a 3. He said she had dropped, so we were getting close. He expected me to go within the next week, but if I didn't he was gonna strip my membranes at my next appointment because he was gonna be on call that weekend and he was sure that would put me into labor.
Well I had an orientation for my school of Education on Friday morning (April 16) at 8:30. As I was walking in I felt a little bit of what felt like peeing my pants, but just like a teaspoon worth. Don't really think anything of it, weird stuff happened when your pregnant! Well after my meeting I headed to work. When I got there I went to the bathroom and the little "pee" I found to be a brownish color... still not thinking to much of it. Well at about 11:45 I felt the little "pee" again, this time just a little more, so NOW I start to thinking, "I wonder if my water has broke, but since she has dropped, her head is blocking the gush..." I had been having little contractions, but they were ranging from 2 -15 minutes apart... Well I got off at 12, went home and went to the bathroom again, this time, more brownish stuff, and some hints of blood in the toilet. Well I had been trying to get a hold of my doctors office since I had left work and wasn't having much luck because my doctor wasn't in, so neither was his nurse. I finally called labor and delivery and on their little automated message was told to come in if you have any concerns and can't get a hold of your doctors office. I called Matt and said "I'm pretty sure my water broke, can't get a hold of someone to tell me anything, so let's go in and get checked out." I jumped in the shower and started getting everything together while I waited for Matt to get home. When he got home, I was putting stuff in the car and a nurse from one of the other doctors in the same clinic returned my message I had left. I told her what was going on and she suggested we go into labor and delivery. When we got there at about 2, they hooked my up to the machines to monitor contractions and were waiting for a "pool" to check if it was in fact amniotic fluid that I was "peeing." :)
So let's start from the beginning...
At my doctors appointment on Thursday, April 15, I was still 80% effaced and dilated to a 3. He said she had dropped, so we were getting close. He expected me to go within the next week, but if I didn't he was gonna strip my membranes at my next appointment because he was gonna be on call that weekend and he was sure that would put me into labor.
Well I had an orientation for my school of Education on Friday morning (April 16) at 8:30. As I was walking in I felt a little bit of what felt like peeing my pants, but just like a teaspoon worth. Don't really think anything of it, weird stuff happened when your pregnant! Well after my meeting I headed to work. When I got there I went to the bathroom and the little "pee" I found to be a brownish color... still not thinking to much of it. Well at about 11:45 I felt the little "pee" again, this time just a little more, so NOW I start to thinking, "I wonder if my water has broke, but since she has dropped, her head is blocking the gush..." I had been having little contractions, but they were ranging from 2 -15 minutes apart... Well I got off at 12, went home and went to the bathroom again, this time, more brownish stuff, and some hints of blood in the toilet. Well I had been trying to get a hold of my doctors office since I had left work and wasn't having much luck because my doctor wasn't in, so neither was his nurse. I finally called labor and delivery and on their little automated message was told to come in if you have any concerns and can't get a hold of your doctors office. I called Matt and said "I'm pretty sure my water broke, can't get a hold of someone to tell me anything, so let's go in and get checked out." I jumped in the shower and started getting everything together while I waited for Matt to get home. When he got home, I was putting stuff in the car and a nurse from one of the other doctors in the same clinic returned my message I had left. I told her what was going on and she suggested we go into labor and delivery. When we got there at about 2, they hooked my up to the machines to monitor contractions and were waiting for a "pool" to check if it was in fact amniotic fluid that I was "peeing." :)
Well after about an hour they were able to test and it was in fact amniotic fluid. They admitted me into a labor and delivery room and got me all hooked up. They had me on fluids for about an hour and then added pitocin to the mixture to advance the labor My sister, my parents and Cami and Devin all showed up at about the same time, and by that time the contractions were getting pretty strong and about 2 minutes apart. So about 15 minutes after everyone got there, they gave me my epidural. I was dilated to a 6. And it was about 6pm... The epidural was rough. They poked me twice because the first stick he said "just didn't feel right" when he was trying to place the catheder. And with the mix of the contractions coming more frequently it was hard to stay still. For the most part he could stop and let the contraction go, but I got one right at the end of the placement that he was in the middle of a part that I had to stay super still. Those nurses in L&D must have to have a pretty high pain tolerance for as hard as you squeeze their hands and arms in pain. Matt got stuck behind the anesthesiologist and told me just a couple days ago he felt bad for feeling so helpless. He didn't want to be in the way and didn't know if he could come over to be in front of me,but I didn't mind, I knew he was there with me and thats all that mattered.
Well the epidural kicked in and everything was fine and dandy, just waiting for the permission to start pushing. The doctor that delivered Kymbree was Dr. Watabe, so he came in and met us. He was very nice and agreed to let Matt "catch" like Dr. Haskett was going to let him do. The nurses came in periodically to check my progress and such. At about 8:30 my nurse came in and said "this could get interesting" because they just had a patient come in that was dilated to a 7 and was one of Dr. Watabe's patients, as well as assigned to her, so we had another nurse checking us for awhile. Well I started to be able to feel the contractions more so I pushed the magic button to get an extra shot of pain killer, so after that at about 9:15 she came and checked me and I was complete... It was about another hour before I saw my nurse again and she prepped me to start pushing. Wishing that I hadn't have got that extra shot of pain killer...I was SUPER numb.
We started pushing at 10:13. Matt was so helpful and encouraging, I'm so glad he was there beside me the whole time. Well i pushed through one contraction and the nurse said "ok, I'm gonna go get Dr. Watabe" and Matt says "She has hair!" And I said "you can SEE her already?Holy crap!" So the brigade comes in... My nurse the one who covered for my nurse for a while, two people from the nursery (they had seen michonium in the amniotic fluid, so they wanted nursery people right in the room for when she came) and a paramedic in training, and of course the doctor. They got all set up and got Matt into a sweet get-up so he could catch and I started pushing again. While we were waiting for the next contraction the doctor says to me "she must be coming on this next contraction, there is usually a longer wait before the last contraction that they are born..." And he was right... and her daddy did way more than catch... He delivered her. Dr. Watabe only had one hand up there and was telling Matt how to do everything...So 10 minutes of pushing through three contractions, our sweet baby girl was born at 10:23 pm on April 16th, 2010.
Kymbree Jo Mitchell
6 lbs 12 oz, 19 in long
She was born with a mass on her neck called a Cystic Hygroma. It came as a complete surprise to us because it wasn't seen on the ultrasound, and since it is between the sizes of a golf ball and raquetball, we definitely would have noticed. None of the doctors we met with seemed to think it was anything to worry about.
(More updates on the cyst later)
Brand New!
With Grandpa Bruce after her bath.
Grandma Bruce
Cute little Jocelyn was so good!
Uncle Eric
Daddy and Baby Kymbree
My mom and Tanya's son Josh
Tanya, Debbie and Kymbree
Kristi
Cami
Devin
Our new little family!
Lora
Terrie
Kevin
Mary
Elenor
Summer
Daddy's Feet!
Aunt Rikki
Going home!
Trying on the BYU headband for Daddy's Graduation
"I Make the World a Happy Place"
(Even when I'm crying)
:)
Grandpa Mitchell...Opa
Uncle Chad
Omi, Grandma Mitchell...Omi Junior and Kymbree
At Graduation
Kymbree was 1 week old when she went to Daddy's Graduation. We are all so proud of him.. He graduated with a Bachelors in Exercise Science from BYU. He starts Physical Therapy School at Rocky Mountain University on May 10.
The Scallions came to share the happy day with us!
Rikki's friend from college, Taubi Neeves graduated with her Masters in Exercise Science... We were excited to hear her name!
Matt shaking his advisors hand...
HAPPY!
The Graduate!
He called us from where he was sitting and said "would you guys be opposed to leaving?" So we ditched graduation early. Here he is greeting us after he escaped
The weather was crappy so we had to take pictures inside... Sad because BYU has some pretty spots on campus to take pictures
Then it was off to Rodizio for lunch to celebrate My Birthday, Matt's Graduation and the addition to our family!
And one of those priceless moments... Matt sure loves his little girl.
This is a good picture to show her cyst. We met with the surgeon Tuesday, still nothing to worry about, just a fluid filled sack on her neck caused by the malfunction of the lymphatic system. He said there are only white blood cells in it and it should be removed with surgery with no complications. He said it is the best kind of Cystic Hygroma to have because 1. It didn't show up till after the ultra sound 2. its attached to the back of the neck so it isn't affecting anything and 3. its very soft. She will get a CT done on it tomorrow (friday) and surgery is set up for May 24 at Primary Childrens.
6 comments:
I have probably checked your blog 30 times a day...waiting to see your beautiful little girl! SHE IS PRECIOUS!!!! I'm so glad to hear that the cyst is nothing to worry about! I hope surgery goes well and that you're enjoying mommyhood. I am SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! LOVE YA!
Jodi,
What a sweet beautiful little girl! We are so happy for your family! We have been to primary children's for surgery with Kade 3 times & they are so wonderful. They will take good care of her. I am glad it is nothing serious. Enjoy every single moment, it goes so very fast!
Love ya!
She is so beautiful! Were so happy for you guys! We will keep her in our thoughts and prayers for her surgery and am glad its nothing the doctors aren't too concerned about!
OOHHH she is darling! congrats Jodi. she is seriously a doll, so much fun, sounds like life is fantastic, happy graduation and everything!
CONGRATS JODI!!!! Oh the fun begins! I agree with Mel, I am glad it is nothing to worry about. Now I just have to sit down and read your other entries, not between work...so I can get a better detail on what you are up to! CONGRATS AGAIN!!!
Jodi, Your daughter is just beautiful! Our oldest, Brynli, had a little dermoid cyst on her temple we noticed when she was 4 months old. She had surgery at 10 months to remove it. Everything went fine just like it will for your Kymbree! She will be in my prayers.
Enjoy your sweet daughter!
Post a Comment