Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Some Funnies and Some Happenings...

This week at school, we have been teaching the kids about insects. Jennifer chose to do one of her circles on just lady bugs today. She looked so cute in her lady bug outfit! Well she was reading a book about lady bugs and a picture similar to this came up....

I was a little shocked by it all, seeing as it was a kids book, but the morning class just stared at the picture, listened to what she was saying and never said a word.

The afternoon class however, well they are always more entertaining because they all get along for the most part. Well she turns to spread where this picture is on and one of the kids say "AH AH AH! WHAT IS HAPPENIN TO HIM?!" So Jennifer finishes what she is saying about the page before and my post it note pad comes out of my pocket to document this momentus moment, Jennifer then says "I can't wait to read the blog on THAT one." Then goes on to explain to the curious little one "They're making babies, like how your mommies and daddies made you!"

Last Saturday, we threw a surprise "after the baby, baby shower" for Cami where we got together and gossiped and made onsies for her. It was a lot of fun to hang out, my sister and Jocelyn even got to come!

Jocelyn grew out of her Bumbo at about 7-8 months, but she seemed to think it was a pretty cool place to sit, nevermind that we had to pull it off her cute little butt!


And the annual picture. I am 36 Weeks, Cami's baby Grace is 4 weeks and 5 days and Mo's baby Natalie is 3 months old.

After the baby shower, some more shopping with Rikki, WAY TO MUCH running around because of lack of THINKING on my part and Matt getting back from night boarding, we finally headed up to Evanston for Easter. My dad shot the elk of his life last hunting season and just got the mount back. They are adding an addition on to the back of their house this summer for the dang elk. But he couldn't resist showing it off in the mean time....

This is the view for the top of the stairs...

This is what you see when you walk in the door...

And this is what you have staring at you as you walk up the stairs... kinda creepy I would say...

For Easter we just kinda rolled the eggs out in the living room floor and let Jocelyn have at it. She loved it!




And she was die hard Easter egg finder! Under the chair...

A little further...

Butt down...a LITTLE further...

"OK! I NEED HELP PLEASE! AND STOP LAUGHING!"
She got a little stuck... But she GOT the Easter Egg!

She decided her dad had to many of the eggs, so she started handing them to Matt, Rikki and I. SHe evn took the ones OUT of her Easter Basket to give to us... We'll teach her the concept of the Easter Basket next year...



The huge duck from Grandma Bruce

Big Smiles

At least my niece's don't shy away from the camera!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I don't think that's exactly what I said!! What you wrote seems less children (who will need to wait YEARS before getting sex ed talks) friendly than how I actually worded it. But, it sure was a documentable situation!! ;)