Sunday, November 29, 2009

My Novemeber Post

I need to do a post before the month of November is over. October was a busy month, so bare with the pictures, but I hope you enjoy them more than anything.


We had our Fall Break at school, so I decided to go up and stay with my sister/help her with Baby J while she had some volleyball games to attend to. She went to Riverton and won and then Natrona came to Green River and Green River won, giving themselves an automatic bid to state. We went out to dinner with the team after the Natrona game.

Sisters

Rikki's Team

The morning I left Green River


Rikki's team then went on to win Regionals AND State. And Rikki got Coach of the Year. My sister is so amazing!

The State Championship was on Halloween. Jocelyn was a LadyBug and my mom was a weird version of a Christmas Tree because the School district she works for was playing my sister's team (Evanston (Red) vs. Green River (Green)) in the State Championship.

While my family was loving life in Wyoming we went to our friend's Sindra and Brian's new house in Layton for a Halloween Dinner/get together. Matt and I were Marge and Homer Simpson.NOVEMEBER.
I was craving Olive Garden Soup Salad and Breadsticks meal all week so I begged Cami to go out to lunch with me (I didn't have to beg very hard). This is her daughter Abbie. Her hair is getting so long!

After lunch we head to Herriman for Josh and Jake's 1st birthday party. We got there just as they were finished with their cakes. Man they were a MESS. But SO CUTE!

Then that night Matt and I met my mom in Park City for dinner since she was a hunters widow for the weekend. She was watching Baby J because Rikki was playing in a volleyball tournament that weekend.

My dad finally got his Elk

Matt competed in a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournament where his first match lasted 45 minutes (the usually last about 5 (there is no time limit))
He won the first match and then went on to get third in the tournament, along with some cracked rib's...What a lucky guy. :)
After the tournament we went to the BYU Men's volleyball Alumni Match for the soul purpose of me getting to see Mac Wilson play again.

Then that Sunday dad wanted to show off his Elk so we met them in Park City for Lunch/Dinner, or what I like to call Linner. He had His and Rikki's Elk in the back of his truck and man was he eye-candy for a lot of people down there. We went to World Market and almost everyone we passed in the store was talking about the big elk out in the parking lot....

He even got flagged down so they could look when they were trying to leave. My dad has been in 7th Heaven man, I'll tell you what!

We had Mo's baby shower and of course had to take another fat lady picture. I am 17 weeks in this picture, which makes Cami 22 weeks and Mo is 34 weeks.

I went to Green River last weekend to play in a Co-ed Volleyball tournament call the Tough Turkey and WE WON!!!. I had so much fun playing with my sister and best friend. We got a $35 gift certificate to Spike Nashbar. These were some pictures taken after the tournament.


Thanksgiving
We went to Evanston for Thanksgiving. This is Jocelyn chillin on Grandma's bed with her bottle and a cookie waiting for mom and aunt Jodi to get ready so we could go out to Aunt Kathy's.

My uncle Ron and Tanessa and My Aunt Kathy and Jocelyn. Tanessa did NOT like her parents and Grandparents giving attention to Jocelyn.

But she liked dad to hold and feed her!

I went black friday shopping with my sister and we got a lot of Christmas shopping done. If only my husband would tell me what he wants!

And finally we come to yesterday. It was the big game...the WHOLE reason we got season tickets. And it couldn't have been a more perfect ending to their season.
*post about BYU vs. Utah coming SOON to a Mitchell blog near you...*



BABY SUPPLIES
I don't have to much so far, but I LOVE the stuff I do have. Matt's awesome mom bought is our travel system and ai absolutely love it. It is in a spare bedroom right now and every time I pass there, i just smile. I can't wait to have a baby in it!
And as many of you know, we weren't gonna find out the sex. I was sure it would be a boy, so I bought some ADORABLE boy outfits. But Matt is doing research at school and has access to an Ultrasound Machine and decided that if HE can figure out the sex of the baby, then we can find out. So he takes me into his research lab and does his best and finding the sex with no training at all. At the time he was sure it was a boy. He took the pictures home and analyzed them and decided he thought it is a girl. Well we took the picture to my next doctors appt where the nurse had mistakenly brought the ultrasound in so when Matt showed him the picture the doctor said "well we usually don't do ultra sounds at this appointment, but since you guys waited so long for me, and your my last patient AND we have the machine, lets just play around and not even tell the insurance company about it." So he was showing Matt how to get the best view to be able to find the sex of the baby. He was being really quiet and indirect about what he thought the sex was because nothing had been said about what we thought we had. I think he thought Matt thought it was a boy, so he was being real careful, but he kept saying "well i can't get a very good view, but I'm not seeing anything..." and "i think the cord is right there" and such. Matt finally said "well if your saying your not seeing anything, does that mean you think its a girl to?" and the doctor said "OH! You think it's a girl?! Yeah, I think it's a girl too..." and right about then he got a clearer shot that the doctor was more sure of himself. But he said "don't go out and buy all pink yet, I have been wrong once before." haha...I like my doctor. He's a funny guy. But the big ultra sound is this friday so THEN we will know for sure, but as of right now...

We THINK
IT'S A GIRL!

And these are the clothes we have so far. Some boy, some girl and some neutral. My FAVE is the courder-roy bibs and one of the onsies in the three pack with the blue giraffe one. At Mo's shower we made her a bunch of onsies. Cami and I also made onsies for eachother and Sindra made one for each of us. Cami's is the elephant one and Sindra's is the U one. haha

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Jodi you look SO cute....If I didn't know you were pregnant I would think you were not. Madison never really was that cooperative to know for sure she kept her cord between her legs. I can't wait to see your belly in person

Megan said...

Ha ha, you crack me up! MAYBE it will be twins- one boy and one girl... then you wont have to return any clothes! Thats what I will vote for! :)