So today was a pretty comical day in the preschool world. It started this morning. We have this thing called "Special Day Friends" where the child who's special day it is gets to bring their favorite toy from home and share it with the class, then be excused first for snack and lunch and first outside to play. Well we have them share the toy during the first of the two circle times of the day. We sing them a song then they show the class what they brought and tell us about it if they want to. Then we give them the option to take questions. Well the little girl today agreed to questions, so whoever wanted to ask a question raised their hand for her to call on them. She of course calls on her little "boyfriend" from her class from last year and he asks what her favorite color of dog was (she brought a stuffed puppy). She answers him and is working on calling on the next person while question boy #1 is still talking. He keeps saying "why are they raising their hands..." and when he get about there, we cut him off and say "because they have questions" or "it's not your turn to talk" or "please be quiet so we can hear the other questions" (because he keeps saying the same thing, but I'm thinking 'you raised your hand because you had a question...why do you think they are raising their hands..STOP ASKING'). Well he finally got to finish his sentence... "Why are they all raising their hands? Is it because they think she's cute?"
So I have to tell you, this particular class has 4 girls and 9-10 boys in it, and the girls are all pretty quiet, so of course it was all the boys raising their hands...
----------------------------------------------------------
And in the afternoon class we went outside to play and one of the girls decided she wants to draw a picture with sidewalk chalk. Well this particular girl ALWAYS paints a little triangle, stick figure girl, so when I see the triangle, I know immediately what she is doing, so I start asking her questions like what she is drawing, who it is and such. Well she gets all done and comes over and says while looking through the bucket of chalk "I need a color for my hair. I can't find the perfect color for blonde..." So I take out the yellow and say "here, this is a good one" and draw on the sidewalk to show her. And she responds with "no, no, no, that's not right" I then pick up ORANGE, not sure why, but I proceed to color on the sidewalk with it to show her another color and she sees it and goes "OH! PERFECT! This is JUST the right color!" and she runs off and finishes her picture.
Well the girl then goes off to find a scooter and is zooming around the playground and in one passing Jennifer hears her say "me with poka dots!" as she zoomed over her drawing, but not slowing down to look at it again or anything... (she drew poka dots on her dress)...
Maybe you had to be there. Regardless, I hope this was a little comic relief for you today.
No comments:
Post a Comment