Monday, September 7, 2009

So I like to THINK....

So I like to think my life has been boring lately, but as I looked through pictures after I uploaded a few from today I thought "oh, crap we really have been doing a lot..."

So I believe this was August 27... Matt had the day off and we had some time between his classes and the Nickelback concert, so we decided to go for a little hike up behind our house. The trail is pretty dang steep, but its a nice trail to hike on. There were some parts where a little stream goes over the road and there were lots of bugs in those areas...It grossed me out, so I sprinted full speed through those areas, so Matt thought it was pretty funny ...

Together

So this is the concert we went to that night...
Saving Abel was the opener

Then in was Papa Roach

Then there was Hinder
(I know...Your jealous... :) )

Our friends Matt and Kim met us there

Then there was NICKELBACK!
They sure did put on a good show. Chad Kroeger is freakin funny...a little vulgar though...


Nickelback in front of their huge moving screens

So this video is showing MY favorite part of the whole concert... If you know me at all, you will understand why when you watch the video.
Chad Kroeger just went of for about 20 minutes singing random band's songs, but like I said...MY FAVORITE was this one...



Did we mention Nickelback was HUGE into Pyrotechnics? (another favorite of mine haha...FIRE!!!) Well "SUPPOSEDLY" the fire marshall that was supposed to be there didn't show up, so they really put on a show...(But I am willing to bet that the absence of the firemarshal was all part of the show...)

Then that weekend I went and watched Baby J while Rikki coached volleyball in Cokeville, WY. For some STRANGE reason I didn't take any pictures of Jocelyn (I must have been to busy kissing her cute face!) But my cousin who is an OBGYN in Arizona was inducted into the Green River High School Hall of Fame for his success at the High School and for what he has accomplished since then. This is the first year they have had any inductees, so it was quite an honor. There was also a whole football team that went undefeated that all got inducted, but one of the men on the team's daughter was also inducted. I thought that was cool to have a father-daughter pair inducted the same year...

Corey is the the far right walking up to the rest of the group


Then yesterday we decided to go on a Sunday afternoon hike up Payson Canyon on the Grotto Trail. It was a pretty short and easy hike with quite the reward at the end of it. I really want to go there in the spring when there is more water coming off it.


And today, at the last minute, we decided to go up to Evanston for the PRCA Rodeo they have every Labor Day (Cowboy Days). And man was I glad we went. We got to Rhett and Kristi and their sweet daughter Tanessa...


And Brian and Jodi and their kids
My Uncle Ron had just got home from a Big Horn Sheep hunting trip, so he had quite the welcoming committee... and loved every minute of it. I'm not sure if there is anything he loves more than seeing his grand-kids and sharing his stories with a crowd, and he definitely had both, and we loved his stories!!



2 comments:

Kristi said...

We were excited to see you guys too!

Jen said...

EWE!! My sweet little niece is touching that nasty skull thingy ick ick ick! Ya lovely you're life's not so boring. :)