Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Ok, your right, I'm a week late, but it's going to be ok because the picture and videos I will post on this...post SHOULD more than make up for it. Matt and I had a pretty busy and active Thanksgiving. We saw A LOT of my family, ate a lot of good food and played a lot of fun games!

First, I just had to start with this picture. In the words of Taylor (the one on the right) "This doesn't happen very often, usually she's hitting me..." So Apparently I captured a very rare moment. :)

We had thanksgiving dinner at my Aunt Kathy's house with Uncle Ron and Aunt Kathy (duh), Grandma Bruce,my cousins Jeff and Jen and their family, and Brian and Jodi and their family, oh and of course Matt, me, mom and dad. It was so much fun. You ALWAYS know when the Bruce family gets together, there will be AWESOME food! Everyone is such good cooks, especially Uncle Ron!

Well we had to work off the food, and thanks to my photographer, Landon, we got some great action shots of us playing the Wii. My Aunt is the coolest Aunt ever... This is their basement, aka GAME ROOM. She has a Pool Table, Air Hockey Table, Dart Board, Frisby Golf Stand (Rhett, correct me if I called that the wrong thing), a PS2 with DDR, and they just got themselves a Wii with WiiFit.

Here I was Ski Jumping here... It took a while but I beat's Matt's high score, and Tim and Logan were sure to go report our scores to the adults upstairs.


Hula Hooping...Which got me banned from the Wii... Apparently I was not allowed to beat Jen and Aunt Kathy's high score. Haha...Check out my hair! I had some major moves!

Matt played as much as me, but I don't know why there weren't as many pictures. I don't know what he is doing here, maybe Hula Hoop, but is sure looks like a Ho Down to me! Us Wyomingites have GOTTEN to him!

Check out this awesome hat I found of my moms!

So after Matt and I woke up at the buttcrack of dawn to go get some two dollar movies (which were like ALL full screen so we didn't come out with as many as planned because of our recent purchase, full screen won't look good...Sad Day) and a nap, Matt, My Dad and I got ready to go shooting. Matt has never shot a gun in his life (other than you know, Halo, Gears of War, Rainbow 6, ect...) So he was ECSTATIC.


Here is my dad shooting his 50 Caliber for the first time ever. Well getting ready to anyway, you'll notice he doesn't have his ear plugs in yet. I have videos now as well, so check them out, their short and kind weird, but we had a good time. Despite the freezing cold temperatures...



So here is dad teaching Matt to shoot a gun. Mind you, he has never shot a gun in his life, and what is the first gun my dad gives him to shoot? Thats right...The BIGGEST HANDGUN MADE... sheesh...men....*rolls eyes*




World War I Gun



AK 47



Me Shooting

Moving Targets, Skeet Throwing, shooting with the ShotGun

So the video itself isn't that wonderful, but the sounds are funny...I thought..This is me shooting the shotgun



I don't know what gun this is, but I was the only one that could hit anything with it, and It had a vicious kick on it...flip...

Little Gun
After we went shooting we went to Logan's baptism. Aunt Kathy spoke and did awesome. The new Almy Ward Bishop is Bruce Thornock. I grew up with his dad Gaylon as my Bishop...Bishopism must run in their family... :)

Then Saturday mornign I did a Grand Opening for one of my new Mary Kay consultants. It was a lot of sun to catch up with old freinds and be doing a little bit of Mary Kay again. After that I got to go spend a little bit of time with Layve and Melissa and I finally got to meet Laycee's ADORABLE daughter Charlize. I LOVE looking at her pictures and seeing Laycee's stories about her, and especially the videos, but they don't do her justice. It was so good to see my best friends from high schoo again, It's been since my wedding so almost a whole year. Its so sad that we don't see eachother more often, but it only makes the time we DO spend together even better. They both looked so good (as always) and they are both so happy! They are both almost done or done with school. They are so amazing. I've always looked up to both of them and I still will. Hopefully when we're old and gray, we'll still be getting to gether on occasion. But like Melissa said, It made me realize just how much I miss them. Hope to see you guys again soon! I love you!


Then Saturday we met the WHOLE Dean family (minus about 8) at Chuck A Rama in Ogden for Grandma and Grandpa Dean's 60th Wedding Anniversary. Isn't that awesome! I hope we make it that long, and even more, are as healthy and active as they still are. I love my grandparents and look up to them so much.

This is the cake my mom got for them and the picture of the family at the 50th Wedding Anniversary extravaganza!

Aren't they the cutest!

Snapshots of the fam
If you have any questions about who is who, just let me know...


































I absolutely love this picture

...and this one too

This might not be the best picture for everyone looking at the camera, but everyone is laughing. I love it.
This is all my Grandparent kids, and their wives and my dad, since my mom was the only girl...
(left to right, back row) Aunt Kande, Aunt Shar, Grandma, Grandpa, My Dad, Aunt Vicki, Aunt Kim
(left to right, front row) Uncle Ric, Uncle Jim, My Mom, Uncle Jere, Uncle Bill and I'll bet money Unlce Pres was there too.
I love my family. I serously have the best...


------------------------------------------------------------------
So in the middle of taking all the pictures of the family around the room, I took a picture of my dad and Uncle Bill talking. Check out the look on his face. I love it. It takes me back to high school...

...and a little video called "Killer Bean 2" which I'm pretty sure only me and ONE OTHER PERSON, maybe two, (and you better know who you are) think is funny, but hey, if I'm wrong, please tell me...ENJOY!


3 comments:

Jen said...

Isn't my son a fab photographer. :) He's had practice. ha ha
About that hoola hoop record! I've got it back, or uh a new one on the new hoola hooping game and my hips killed the next day, so I deserved it!! :)
love ya girl, it was so good to see you and hang out with you and your hubby.

Josh & Melissa said...

HOLY LONG POST! I love, love, LOVE that video...good times:) Love ya!

Jeri Short Gurney said...

Okay I WANT that 50 cal gun! That is SO SWEET! And is the little one a darringer? Because I would kill for one of those. I have kind of turned into a bit of a gun freak. I like them. I dont really know why...