So I have been meaning to do all three of these for awhile, so I decided to just do all three of them NOW, together!
Opa
Matt's Opa passed away on the early morning on August 31. We were SO FORTUNATE to spend some of his last hours with him... It was so lucky that Matt had the day off and we thought we would go up on Saturday rather that on our way to my parents on Sunday, hey we had nothing else to do, why not.... SO GLAD we did. I only knew him a very short time and I know he was never the "real Opa," but I'm so glad to have known him for that short time. It was so nice to go to the funeral and hear all the wonderful stories about such a great man. He will truly be missed.
Opa
Matt's Opa passed away on the early morning on August 31. We were SO FORTUNATE to spend some of his last hours with him... It was so lucky that Matt had the day off and we thought we would go up on Saturday rather that on our way to my parents on Sunday, hey we had nothing else to do, why not.... SO GLAD we did. I only knew him a very short time and I know he was never the "real Opa," but I'm so glad to have known him for that short time. It was so nice to go to the funeral and hear all the wonderful stories about such a great man. He will truly be missed.


My Mom's
You should all be jealous. My mom and my mother in law are what I believe to be the BEST in the world. Their love, comfort and support NEVER ceases to stop surrounding both Matt and I. And I wouldn't have it any other way. Well, I do wish Cindy lived closer, so I guess I would change that, but I am so greatful for all they have done for us and all they have helped us with...Giving us a BEAUTIFUL wedding, but not stopping there...We always feel their love flowing in on us everyday of the week. Thank you! I love you BOTH SO MUCH!!


My Husband
He never ceases to make me smile, although in the beginning, it may not be a smile (you'll see why in a minute) but he ALWAYS gets me in the end...
So we have a mail key... One day it comes up missing, we cannot find it ANYWHERE. We went through the garbage, deep cleaned the house, searched the cars...NOTHING... And it SUCKED because the keychain that had the keys on it was and turtle bottle opener that said "Hawaii" on it that I got from my sister when she went on her honeymoon... So a few months later, we are getting ready to go to the temple one day and while Matt is searching for his reccomend (if you haven't guessed by now, he misplaces things often) he looks in his TEMPLE BAG and low and behold...Thats right, the mail keys are in the side pocket. Not to worry, he had already gotten the lock changed and a new set of keys, but HEY! We got the awesome Hawaii keychain back!
He never ceases to make me smile, although in the beginning, it may not be a smile (you'll see why in a minute) but he ALWAYS gets me in the end...
So we have a mail key... One day it comes up missing, we cannot find it ANYWHERE. We went through the garbage, deep cleaned the house, searched the cars...NOTHING... And it SUCKED because the keychain that had the keys on it was and turtle bottle opener that said "Hawaii" on it that I got from my sister when she went on her honeymoon... So a few months later, we are getting ready to go to the temple one day and while Matt is searching for his reccomend (if you haven't guessed by now, he misplaces things often) he looks in his TEMPLE BAG and low and behold...Thats right, the mail keys are in the side pocket. Not to worry, he had already gotten the lock changed and a new set of keys, but HEY! We got the awesome Hawaii keychain back!

Oh, this is a good one. So Matt decides to rearrange the furnitutre one day. The couches that we have we got from my wonderful parents. They are really nice couches that someone left in one of the apartments my dad rents out when they left (yes, we cleaned them...). The only thing really wrong was one of the arm rests was like...loose. So previously we had it pinned to the wall to hold it tight, but with the new setup, we didn't have a wall, so matt got a hamer and some nails to fix it. So he reclined the one side, all proud of himself (as he should be) and the fabric needed to be re-sewn to the foot of the chair. So i said "well while your at it..." and he smiles and says "no, I don't sew, that one is your project..." So I go back into the kitchen to continue making dinner and I hear the hammer again and so I go to see what he was doing because as far as I knew, he was done... This is what I see...


So with some closer investigating I see that he is NAILING the fabric onto the...wood...I think (I HOPE) rather than sewing it... Hey, it works, and it's still in-tact today!

But it turns out he lied to me. There was a small slit in the reclider we had. I came out of the kitchen once again to find this...

He CAN sew! Although, he lost the needle in the cushion once... and FOUND it (thank goodness)... our couches are just like new! And it's a good thing I DIDN'T sew them...My leg might be sewn to the recliner! ;) ;)

I LOVE YOU MATTHEW DENNIS MITCHELL!
P.S. Matt wanted you all to know about his awesome new phone. He's had it almost a week and still talks about it everyday... He's funny. It is s cool phone though. Everyday that he DOES talk about it, he tells me something new about it...So i guess the possibilities are endless, eh? It's the Samsung Instinct by Sprint. It's currently his pride and joy...second to ME of course! ;)
P.S. Matt wanted you all to know about his awesome new phone. He's had it almost a week and still talks about it everyday... He's funny. It is s cool phone though. Everyday that he DOES talk about it, he tells me something new about it...So i guess the possibilities are endless, eh? It's the Samsung Instinct by Sprint. It's currently his pride and joy...second to ME of course! ;)


2 comments:
Man girl when you post you post it all! :) It's good to hear from you! So glad you have so many wonderful people in your life, cuz you're pretty great too. :)
Hey Sis! Glad that you didn't sew your lag to the recliner and we all (me, grandma, and Kristi) hope that when you guys have children they get MATT'S Sewing ability! Love you!
Post a Comment