Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Real Post

So I didn't realize just how far behind I got until I started this post. Sheesh...I'm so terrible...
About a month ago or so...Beginning of August, so I guess a month and a half, Matt's family came out to visit, Matt's mom for 2 weeks and Matt's dad and brother for a little over a week. It was a lot of fun and Matt loved having his family around since we hadn't seen the since our wedding (DECEMBER!).

The first "activity" we had was having a family reunion with all of Dennis's family up at the family cabin. I think there were a few people missing, like the sister that lives in Vegas and her family and the brother that lives in Florida, but his wife and kids were there and I think he has one other brother that just got married that wasn't there either, so I guess it wasn't the WHOLE family, but it was still quite a few.

Cindy is wonderful with kids. This is within the first 10 minute of being at the cabin, she already has them wrapped around her finger playing games with them. She's going to be an awesome grandma, I just know it. i can't wait to prove it to you all! :)


Here is Matt and his dad cooking the best way they know how...GRILLING!

Apparently the smoke from the gril was not kind to my Matthew...


And so begins the competitions... There are these stilts at the cabin that everyone liked to play on. Dennis and Matt (of course) get to thinking "let's trey to walk up and down the stairs with them." From then on it was a competition to see who could get down the stairs first. Well down was easy, it was going UP that was a little more tricky....

Dennis on the stilts in the beginning

Then Matt

Matt going up

Dennis

Chad
Cindy


And uess who the first one to make it all the way up was!?
Thats right! CINDY! She was so happy! It was awesome!
Apparently during the winter the snow got to heavy and broke the beams on the roof over the deck. So the next project was to fix it. Kevin went back into town to get some wood and the went to work...
Matt and Dennis

Starting the project...

Cutting it to the right length...

Just chillin after Matt was done helping (there were to many people helping already, so I just decided to tak pictures...)
The main attraction of the day was the LIZARD!

Me trying out the stilts

This was the beginning of our hike we went on...There was a random tractor up in the middle of nowhere. We are still trying to figure out what would entice a person to just leave it here...

This is one of my favorite picture of him... He has such a cute smile, doesn't he

Chad leading the pack of cousins

Dennis in the School Bus that was FARTH up the mountain with no sign of a decent road anywhere... Weird place with all these vehicles...

I wasn't exactly in hiking clothes, I didn't know it was going to be so inttense, but I should have known better than to go with matt and his dad..

Back from the hike and just relaxing/argueing about CHICK FLICKS. :)

This dog.... Was dead asleep, as you can tell...



Grandma and Grandpa Mitchell

Chad

Michael and Dennis. Dennis is obviously defending himself in the argument

Zip line


The Go Cart that Michael made

The sky looked beautiful on our way home from the cabin. To bad all the phone lines and trees were in the way, but you still get the point...

Cindy and Dennis decided to stay at a hotel that night and we went swimming and sat in the hot tub. It felt so good after being out in the dirt all day.

Me and Dennis playing chicken


Matt and Dennis

Me and Matt

Jumping in

Chad didn't want to hold my hand

Racing

You can hardly see him, but Matt had Dennis then me on his shoulders and he stood up all the way! It was cool!!

I think this is the picture where Chad did it too....

In the Hot Tub

Matt's Family

I got to have all my parents at my first softball game. Although I sucked, it was still fun to have them all there. We went out to dinner afterward..

Cindy and Dennis

My Mom and Dad

Me and Matt

and Chad

Me and my mom and dad

So Cindy ACTUALLY got the stuffed animal out of the machine! I have NEVER seen this done before. She is so awesome!

The girls were excited about Cindy getting the stuffed animal...And you can see the boys excitement at the time...

We had a suprise baby shower for Tanya. The story was that Debbie was being set apart for her new stake position and wanted the family to be there and we should all go out to dinner first. So this is the family out to dinner...

Chad

Nate and Tanya. She's pregnant with Twin Boys! And Debbie and Doug are in the background

Me and Christie

Doug and Debbie

Christie and Katelyn at Tanya's Baby Shower

Cindy, Ashley and Omi

Katelyn helping mom open presents

Me and Cindy

"Wendy" playing and singing with Katelyn

I made cookies...Don't they look yummy

Grandma wanted to teach us and I so badly wanted to can Utah Peaches...MY FAVORITE!



Grandma wanted to teach both me and Matt because Grandpa used to always help grandma but once you get Me, Rikki (I don't know why she wasn't in any pictures...), Mom and Grandma in the kitchen,
1. Matt is SORELY outnumbered by women
2. Quite frankly, the kitchen was just crowded...
But he made us a DANG GOOD lunch complete with Hamburgers on the grill and Grilled corn on the cob as well. All while standing in the SNOW...Thats right SNOW over Labor Day weekend... Although, Matt refused to call it snow. He said it can't snow on Labor Day. It was sleet or hail...

Cindy came up over labor day because she felt she needed to come spend the long weekend with her parents. Its a good thing she listened to the promptings of the spirit because she was able to spend the last day of her dad's life with him. (Tribute to Opa coming soon)

We went to the Utah State Fair while she was here. These are the Dairy Cows. They were HUGE. Like almost as tall as me. It was INSANE!

I brought Cami and little miss Abbie with me. We all had a lot of fun...

The pigs were gross though

And this is what I think of pigs

UTAH GIRL BIG HAIR ALERT NUMBER ONE!

Merb and John were with us too!
Lily won the race, followed by John, Gunther and Merb

CUTE

UTAH GIRL BIG HAIR ALERT TWO!
Big Hari is sitting by Omi then Cindy...

ONE of the resons I like living in Utah...The beautiful mountains. This was taken from the top of the farris wheel

Merb, Cindy and John wen on the big drop ride...

Slowly on their way up

QUICKLY coming down

Thats all for now... See you in a few

3 comments:

Josh & Melissa said...

Man, that was A LOT of pictures! That cabin looks like a lot of fun!

Jen said...

Wo mama. What a post! Wowza! love it! Good to see you, you're looking good.

So, was that a baby announcement?? ha ha just teasing. :)

love you.

Craig and Karissa said...

Hey How are you? How is life?