Wednesday, July 30, 2008

School



So lately I have been uber determined to get back to school. I applied to BYU thinking that my husband goes there, I'm married, I live in Provo, blah blah blah, that I would get in. So after the month long application process because they require so much freakin info, and then you have to wait 4 weeks for them to decide... This is what I see when I log in to see my application status...
School Term Application Status
BYU Winter 2009 Denied

So right then and there I applied to UVU (formally UVSC) and it was so simple, like whats your name, whats your maiden name, what do you want to study, where have you been the last five years, how long have you lived where you live right now... Thats about it, whole application took me TEN MINUTES. I seriously emailed the admissions office saying "Are you sure I filled out the whol application? I don't feel like i did ANYTHING. Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do." Because after doing a BYU application where I give them all the information above AND 3 essays AND a Bishop and Stake President endorsement AND a Seminary/Institute recommendation AND my transcripts before my application can even be submitted, AND THEN I had to wait 4 WEEKS to hear a decision, I was just a bit in shock.

But this is the email I recieve in response to MY email to admissions last night...

You have been accepted for the Spring Semester and will receive an email soon. If you have transcripts to send please send them to UVU Admissions Office 800 West University Parkway, Orem UT 84058. Thanks, Admissions Office

So i didn't even need to send my transcripts in to even get accepted! What the heck!? That's crazy. I guess that just shows you the difference between a Private School and Open Enrollment...

So the moral of my story is...
JODI'S GOING BACK TO COLLEGE!!!
...and she's going to be a Wolverine...again...Just like middle school...
















2 comments:

Britney said...

Hey Jodi... Congrats on going back to school! Bummer about the BYU thing tho. But ya, I don't know if you knew, but I have a blog. It's set to private tho, so if you want I can add you. Just need ur email. Let me know... luvs!

Kristi said...

That is wonderful that you are going to do that. I am so proud of you!! And I can still claim you because you are not going to BYU.