
So I just finished watching "Steel Magnolias" and I don't know if any of you have seen this movie, but it is awesome. I've seen it a couple times and it STILL makes me cry like a baby. Not just tears that I need to hurry and wipe away before my husband can see and make fun of me, but CRY, sobbing, the whole works.
Well anyway, it's about this group of girlfriends, that no matter how different they are, are always there for each other, no matter what.
I like to think I have the same support group behind me as well (part of the reason I was crying so much). Although we don't live in the same town, as these women did, we are only a phone call, text, comment or blog away, and I know they will always be there for me.
Rikki Shantz
First and foremost, there's my sister. I'd be lost without her. She is more than a sister, she's definately my very best friend. We've had our rough times, like any sibling relationship has, but I wouldn't change one thing. I love her so much...She always knows just the right things to calm me down or lift me up.
Dauna Bruce
I am so lucky to be so close to her and consider her more than just a mom. She is so cool! I always said growing up that she has more friends my age than I did! I know more than anyone that she would not hesitate to do ANYTHING to help me out!

Cami Hamer
Thank goodness for her brother Craig whom we met through. Since the FIRST time I met her, we were very best friends. I like to say I used Craig to get to her. I never would have ever dreamed that I could become friends with someone as quickly as I did with her. I know we have so many more adventures and excitement to go through together and I can't wait. We relate to eachother so well because we've gone through so many similar experieances and are always there for eachother to strengthen one another, even if we don't always see eye to eye. I know she will never turn her back on me and I hope she knows I will never turn my back on her.

Corrie Thomas
We started out being study partners which turned into "America's Next Top Model," "Nashville Star," and "Gilmore Girls" watching partner which turned into friends, then best friends/roomates. We are probably the most different, but I still love her to death. She's just so much fun and gives the BEST advice.

Melissa Roundy
The first time I met her in middle school, my volleyball coach told me "Watch HER serve. See How she uses her hips. It gives her so much more power. DO THAT!" We finally got to the same high school and became instant friends, having so many classes together. She is definately one to keep me in line and helped to keep the big picture in mind. I cannot thank her enough for her strength as not only a friend but as a girl with a very strong spirit about her.
Janelle Gomez
We grew up together. What more do you need. You those friends that, unfortunately, you don't get to talk to a lot, but when you do finally get to talk to them you SOO make up for it and it's DEFINATELY not awkward... Thats how Janelle is. And I love it and I am so greatful that she is still in my life and,like I said, although we don't get to talk all the time, we are just as best of friends as we were in 3rd grade!
Janelle GomezWe grew up together. What more do you need. You those friends that, unfortunately, you don't get to talk to a lot, but when you do finally get to talk to them you SOO make up for it and it's DEFINATELY not awkward... Thats how Janelle is. And I love it and I am so greatful that she is still in my life and,like I said, although we don't get to talk all the time, we are just as best of friends as we were in 3rd grade!

Laycee Tippetts
The girl who wanted to graduate school and be working before she even started dating was the first to get married and now one of the first to have a new little addition to their little family. She is my most grounded, level headed friend but at the same time the most crazy, fun and adventurous. Althoght both of our busy lives keep us from talking much, she will always be one of my best friends that I will always look up to and seek for more advice.

Bonnie "Bon Bon" Wagstaff
Her and I will both agree that we weren't exactly thrilled to become roomates, but come to find out, we became very close frineds. She's so much fun and so cute, who could NOT be friends with this girl. When we would go shopping together, it was bad news. We both always spent way to much money, but tit was worth all the laughs that accompanied it. When she showed up at my wedding it was a COMPLETE suprise. I screamed and jumped up and down and ran to her, leaving Matt to wonder what the heck was going on. How awesome is that for her to drive 4 hours just to be at our reception for a mere half hour. She's awesome!

Rylie Honstein
I still don't know if I spelled her name right. Perry was much easier, then she had to run off and get married! She was my roomate for 3 of the 4 semesters at Eastern. We became instant friends, spending a ton of time together. We never had any fights or drama. I was so blessed to have her as a roomate.
And I continue to make more fireds. It so much fun. I'm so blessed in my life to be able to make friends so easily and to also habe have friends that are willling to invite me to play with their friends. In the picture above are Cami, Carly Ashley, me and Mo and below is Kelley. I had to steal a picture off of Kelley's MySpace since she wasn't able to come out with us that night!
I hope this didn't bore you to much. I just thought I'd give a public THANK YOU to all of my awesome amazing friends that I know I will have for a long time to come.
1 comment:
Ho you seriously have THEE best blog...i need help because i have no idea how to do anything on it!! I would put more pics of me butt i am huge....so when i drop 35 pounds, you will see more! Loved your post! Loves!
Post a Comment