Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'll Never...

Well I thought I had been caught up to the Vacation we took last weekend, but come to find out, I have 1 of 3 problems...

1. HUGE Procrastinator
2. We've been really busy since June and there are a lot of pictures to show for it
or
3. When I updated last time, I forgot I still had picture on my camera that had not been loaded onto the computer yet

So maybe it's a combination of all 3, so sue me, but REST ASSURED there are NO more picture on my camera...Until tonight that is... ;) So here we go....AGAIN!
(I'm so sorry)


I just thought this is a funny one to start with. Doesn't it look like Dodge truck is about to have a tasty lunch of Honda Civic...
And YES that IS Matt's car...



Another Hike
If you pay attention at all, my husband loves to hike, well so do I, especially on ones like this. If you were to come down to Provo through Provo Canyon, you would notice (if you looked) that a little before you get to Bridal Veil Falls there is another decent sized waterfall set farther back. Well WE took notice of this and wanted to find it. So we pick a spot about where we think the falls are (you can't see up the mountain from the walking trail because of the trees) and began hiking it, questioning our decision because there was not water in site. But we kept going and started to hear water...or was it wind...?

It was water. This picture is the first time you see the water, and because of everything that river pulls with it of the side of the mountain, its created a little drainage system where the water goes into the rocks and trees and, well disappears. We didn't even see any drainage into the Provo River at the bottom when we went back down, and this was a pretty big waterfall, with a lot of water to just have it disappear so easily. OK, so anyway...




It was so green there, it was hard to believe we were in UTAH! It reminded us both a little more of back east...


I fell...I've been getitng pretty good at that. The scar on my right arm (left side of picture) is from Lake Powell, the new scratches on the other arm were from JUST biffing it...I know, I'm talented...



4th of July
So we went to Evanston for the 4th and lucky us, even though we couldn't go to the Woodruff rodeo Evanston was having one on the 4th! Matt was so excited, He's really starting to like that Rodeo thing



Then we went out to Aunt Kathy's to play with fire! We got there a little late, in which I felt SO bad about, because we watched the town fireworks just a little to long...
We only had one mishap, but it got taken care of quickly, thanks to fireman dad!
YAY PAPA BRUCE!



WE GOT CURTAINS!!
Yeah, thats it...



Good Times in Nursery
So our friend Kyle came up to visit for a couple days. While here with us he came to nursery with us on the day that we got moved into the younger class, like the middle aged nursery kids instead of the oldest nursery kids.

The blocks are our favorite to play with after snack in the snack room. We don't even bother with any of the puzzles or anything. The kids love them too...Promise





BIRTHDAY DAYS
So it was Matt's birthday so we went to Dinner at Texas Roadhouse. Cami and Kelly and Mo came out too because Kelly was leaving on a cruise the next day which was her birthday so they were celebrating before they left. So those two groups were planning to meet at Texas Roadhouse but then LOW AND BEHOLD....Matt's cousin, Tanya, her husband Nate and their daughter Katelyn and Uncle Doug and Aunt Debbie (Tanya's Parents) showed up...unplanned. So although we were all at different tables, we had a grand ole time.

Show my dad a baby, and he's like a magnet for them... This is my dad and Abbie...






So as we were leaving Bannerman stands up and I puch the chair out of my way so I can get out.... Apparently I hurt his "man parts"...OOPS!

The Saddles
Matt

Kelly

Katelyn filling in for mom since mom is pregnant with TWIN BOYS (YAY!) and saddles are bad for pregnant ladies... :)



MY Birthday for Matt
His birthday was all kind of a rush so I didn't get to make him anything or do anything particularly special. I could tell he was kind of sad about it, so the next day I made a HUGE dinner, a BIG cookie and his FAVORITE kind of cake...
I know, I'm an awesome wife...LOL TOTALLY KIDDING!





DEN-VAR!
One way to save money while traveling...Pack a tent and sleep at a camp ground. This is what we did the first night just outside of Moab, UT. It's so pretty down there, I can't wait to go back and have THAT be our destination!



While in Moab, Matt decided that i needed to see my first sunrise since I had never seen one and they are BEAUTIFUL! I was not disappointed, thats for sure.

This is what we saw when we first woke up for the sunrise morning....

And then a mere 15-20 mintutes later the sun finally made it's way into site. That clouds made it so pretty!


On the way to Denver we stopped at some Dinosaur Mountain thing just before Grand Junction...This picture were taken on top of that hill

And finally, the purpose for out trip! To meet Brittani and Chin's new daughter. Sweet little Nevaeh. She was just adorable! And Chin was so cute with her, as you can see

Matt trying a TINY bit of HOT HOT Sauce

(left to right)
Front: Haleigh, Tristan, Frodo
Back: Chin, Brittani, Nevaeh, Matt, Jodi




Elitch Gardens
First ride, turn me up side down, I drool.... Yeah


Ahh the lines...

MISSLES?! How would you get MISSLES through the security...But OBVIOUSLY this has been a problem in the past or there would be no need for the sign...

So it was so hot, we decided to just give up on the rides and go to the Water Park End of the park

But it was cut short because of a storm rolling in, so we just headed up to Fort Collins...
Cars put me to sleep



HorseTooth Mountain
So this hike STARTED out fun and pretty easy...


Then is got hotter and steeper....

BUT WE MADE IT! Well I made it, Matt didn't have to many problems, I'm just slightly out of shape and it was HOT! I would MUCH have rather done this on a cooler day or earlier in the morning, not at NOON.
But the view from the top was TOTALLY worth it. So beautiful and peaceful and relaxing.




Cheyenne Frontier Days
Um... Wading I can understand in the 5 INCHES of water...but um... SWIMMING?

Bill Engvall
He was awesome. SO MUCH fun to SEE in person!

ME AND CORRID! Chad was supposed to come but he got called out of town suddenly. SUCKS! But Corrid and I still had a BLAST!
(If anyone got our Christmas cards a couple years back...Does this remind you of them?)
haha

What a fun trip! We shall do this again sometime!

OK! I promise we are FOR REAL caught up now.... PROMISE. But the In Laws are in town for the next two weeks and there is going to be some PARTYING going on, so you all keep posted, I'm sure you won't want to miss a beat!

love you all
Jodi

2 comments:

Jon & Marissa Whitehorn said...

It looks like you two a lot of fun! If you and Matt ever want to go to Moab and hike to the many Arches give us a call. Jon's mom grew up in Moab and we have a lot of family down there. Plus we have been wanting to go and hike to a lot of the arches down there.

*BriTneY* said...

You guys are all over the place! Looks fun! Oh, n love the curtains! haha