Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick Recap

Ok, so last you all heard I was engaged and still back East, I am home now and A LOT has happened since then, so I will as quickly as I can, catch you all up!

Along with getting engaged, come engagement pictures. Here are a few of my favorite. It was a beautiful day, hard to believe there was snow and rain and sleet the day before. And in case you were wondering, the second picture IS in fact Bridal Veil Falls and YES we did climb UP to the first main ledge...It was pretty high up there...







What comes to mind after a girl gets engaged but a Bridal Shower? My sister and mom threw me an awesome one in Evanston. I had to eat A LOT of gum, apparently I had more to learn about my husband to be...





Matt's family then threw me this awesome shower down in Salt Lake that to start off the festivities, I was expected to make a cake, from scratch, no recipe and ALL sort of ingredients laid out for me. When all was said and done, it tasted like a thick pancake. APPARENTLY I should have started with the liquid stuff and added the powdered (I think) so what I DID resulted in more of a COOKIE like substance... haha





(I had a bit of a brain fart so these are a little out of order) BUT I GOT MARRIED!! In the Salt Lake Temple, it was beautiful. My family was amazing, it meant SO MUCH to me to have SO MANY of them there supporting me. Our lines look amazing (bridesmaids and groomsmen)... More captions to come with each of the pictures...just in this section though... :)




Last minute, my amazing family offers their services. The four girls that were originally supposed to be my flower girls at our ring ceremony go snowed in Laramie (as well as one of my bridesmaids) so I was just going to go without, but instead, my cousins Kristi and Jodi said nope, you will have flower girls, lucky for me Jodi had dressed her girls in my colors....See I told you I have an amazing family. So all three of Jodi's kids were in my wedding, Logan, Taylor and Hallie (I might have spelled the youngest name wrong though:( )
This picture is definately my favorite

With this one pulling a close second






We went on our honeymoon in Las Vegas and had a BLAST, despite all the TOURISTS that were primarily from ...Asia. We stayed at Mandalay Bay, I think Matt want to go back...many more times, to stay at all the different hotels, when its warmer and when there are "a higher ratio (as Matt says)" of ...umm...*cough*... white people...








Then we flew to Ohio where my In-Laws put on an AWESOME open house for us! I married into a WONDERFUL family! And AS ALWAY my husband was a bit of a goofball...






Now my wonderful husband and I are living here in Provo, having a wonderful time!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Love all the pictures and all I can say is that you forgot to mention how cold it was at the temple.

Darcey and Jeff said...

Wow it looks like you have been keeping yourself busy. I love all the pictures. I hope you are enjoying provo. Also I hope it gets warmer there soon!

Jen said...

Well, it's about time!! :) It's good to hear from you and to see all of your cute pictures!! My kids are growing like weeds jodi, you'll have to look at my blog and see them. :)