Immediately after landing, we headed to Evanston to see my Grandpa Dean. When we got to the nursing home, Rikki and her kids as well as my cousin Beau, his girl friend and his kids were there. I haven't seen Beau for quite awhile, so it was nice to see him and his kids and meet his new sweetheart of a girlfriend. It was so good to see Grandpa too. He isn't doing very good, and couldn't remember my name, but when I told him, he knew who I was. It breaks my heart to see my Grandparents health fail. I've been so lucky to live so long with so many Grandparents alive.
Since it was the 4th, we headed to Phantom and loaded up on fireworks. We went a bit overboard, buying more than enough, so it was a long night of blowing stuff up!
The next day, Matt, Rikki and I and our kids went to see Grandma Bruce...
This picture was our first attempt at getting a picture of the 3 girls together and as you can tell, we didn't need to try anymore! I was amzed the first shot turned out so cute...
...so of course I had to edit it a little...
Grandma loved to feed us, and she hasn't changed much over the years. The girls were in heaven with the little chocolate ice cream bars she had!
LOVE the look on Payton's face...
We then headed to Rip's for lunch (it was Thursday, so they had Ribs! MY FAVORITE!)
And on our way out of town we stopped to see Grandpa one last time. He was eating lunch and not very talkative, but at this point I will take all the time I can spend with him and cherish it.
Me and my gorgeous sister. We forget to get pictures together, so I try to get one as often as possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment