The following is a conversation that occurred in our home tonight. Keep in mind that the Little Misses has so lovingly passed her sickness to me...
Me: "So what do you want for dinner tonight, I'm not feeling that well, so I don't have much of an appetite."
Matt: *Silence*
Me: "So what do you want for dinner?"
Matt: "Did you see this?! Some guy is wanting to sue the theater and the studio for what happened in Aurora..."
"I know! Ridiculous...The guy isn't even someone who actually got shot. One lady lost her daughter, and I don't know if she even knows yet because she is in and out of consciousness... but did you see Christian Bale is in Colorado visiting the victims?"
(GOOD FOR HIM! Makes me like Christian Bale 100x more than I already do!)
"Oh thats cool."
"So what do you want for dinner? We have that Chili from Sunday, but no tortillas, or that soup and rice from last night. I have been defrosting turkey to make hamburger helper, but when I looked at the box, it made me nauseous." (Even more so than usual...NOT a fan of Hamburger Helper, but Matt likes it and sometimes its just simpler)
"That's so stupid that he is gonna sue them! If this goes through, the Columbine survivors are gonna sue the makers of the Matrix..."
"So for the third time, what do you want for dinner...?"
"I don't care...How about Hamburger Helper."
"Ok...*Start getting stuff out to make it* Did you hear what I said when I listed that as an option?"
"No..."
"It made me nauseous to look at the box..."
"OH! Sorry! I will have the Chili..."
No comments:
Post a Comment