MAN! April 25 was a BUSY day!
My parents came to visit. They booked their tickets back in about February. Well about a week before they were to be here, my parents let it slip that Rikki was coming. They tried to cover it, but my Dad's simple phrase "She doesn't know yet" ruined it and the surprise was revealed...
Jodi: "...So that what we kind of have planned, does that sound good to you?"
Mom: "Rikki was wanting to go to New Orleans..."
Jodi: "Rikki's coming?! Or are you talking about when they might come down to Port out of here on a cruise..."
Mom: "Yeah...yeah, when Her and Eric come..."
Dad: "She doesn't know yet!"
See, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if my Dad hadn't have said the four little words! :)
Jodi: "...So that what we kind of have planned, does that sound good to you?"
Mom: "Rikki was wanting to go to New Orleans..."
Jodi: "Rikki's coming?! Or are you talking about when they might come down to Port out of here on a cruise..."
Mom: "Yeah...yeah, when Her and Eric come..."
Dad: "She doesn't know yet!"
See, I wouldn't have thought anything of it if my Dad hadn't have said the four little words! :)
Even though they had rented a car, we went to the airport to get them so we could lead them back to our apartment so they wouldn't get lost. Mom called me as we were pulling into the airport and said they were just waiting for their bags. When I walked in the door, imagine my surprise when I see mom sitting on the floor with the cutest nieces a girl could ask for! and THEN on my way to find Rikki at the Baggage Claim, I see not only my Dad, but Eric too getting their Rental car!
SWEET DEAL! I was SO EXCITED to have my WHOLE family here for a week!
Last time Dennis was here, we found this little hole in the wall Crawfish and Shrimp place that was DELICIOUS, so that's what Matt wanted for dinner.
And the kiddos LOVED being able to run and play!
And Payton loved Kymbree's new bike
What a FUN and EXCITING day! We were ALL exhausted, and it was just the first day!
No comments:
Post a Comment