My baby is NO MORE.
I put her down for a nap, and as usual she wasn't all to thrilled about it, but that's just how she is. She cries for a few minutes, and then she realizes, "Hey, I really am a little sleepy" and out she goes. Well on this particular day, a few minutes went by she stopped crying and next thing I know, she is running into my room, onesie un-snapped and bare bummed! At the time I thought all in ONE DAY she can
- Crawl out of her crib
- Un-snap her onesies
- Take off her diaper (which she has been able to do for a while, but until now, as long as she had a onesie or shorts/pants/skirt on she wouldn't mess with the diaper)
- and OPEN DOORS!
REALLY?!
Well not really, well all but the last one. We have since figured out that the door just wasn't latched shut, it was being held closed by the fan in her room, so at least we don't have to worry about that anymore...
So anyway. I take her in her room, put her back in her crib and say "Show me how you got out..."
And she did, very grudgingly, and crying the whole time, but she showed me.
So when Daddy got home, we turned her crib into a toddler/day bed to prevent her from hurting herself because she sure wasn't graceful about her escape.
Grandma Great made this cute quilt for her that just works PERFECT for toddler bedding, and matches all of her stuff! THANKS GRANDMA!
And then yesterday, I think I got her dressed...oh about 10 times...
So far today, no naked bum running around.
She has had 2 nights in her toddler bed, the first night was A LOT of putting her back in bed, but last night I think she was just exhausted enough that she just rolled over and went to sleep, although she did fall out once, but a little snuggling and a couple primary songs later, she was right back to sleep, this time with a couch cushion at her side to break her fall if it happened again.
I think nap time is the roughest, and yesterday I tried doing only one nap, thinking she may be growing out of two, but I'm not sure if she's quite ready for only one nap, she was super ornery yesterday evening... So here goes nothing!
Also, I planned on starting to potty train this week, but she's been kinda sickly this week, so I didn't want to deal with the already unpleasant diapers thrown into trying to get her to use the potty, and then this, so she will need time to adjust to her new bed... I can only handle so many major changes at once, I think it is safe to assume the same for 2 year olds.
No comments:
Post a Comment