I bet some of you read this and are thinking, "oh sure Jodi...This should be good..."
(*Oh, by the way, you may want to pause the music on the right that I have set to play automatically...Like right now, or you will have to scroll back up once you get to the videos...*)
(*Oh, by the way, you may want to pause the music on the right that I have set to play automatically...Like right now, or you will have to scroll back up once you get to the videos...*)
But what you don't know is that the title is more than correct!
When Matt and I first got together, Chad was in a band called Silence So Loud. They recorded an EP and I loved every single song on there. One of which Chad read the lyrics to at Opa's funeral, so it holds a special place in our hearts now. I even had one of his songs as my ringtone for a very long time.
Well that band started going a different direction than he wanted... Wanting to write songs about sex, drugs and alcohol.
So he quit.
I was crushed. I TRULY believe they could have made it huge, and you know what, even when they weren't huge, and regardless of the fact that he is family, SSL was one of my favorite bands, and their EP is still one of my favorite CD's, you know the ones you can listen to over and over and never get sick of?
Yes, my own family's music is held in as high of esteem (in my world anyway) as Linkin Park, Shinedown, 30 Seconds to Mars, Garth Brooks, ect...
He signed over the copyrights to his songs. He didn't want anything to do with the band anymore.
That was 2009 I believe.
Here is is 2012 and guess what! His band never filed the papers correctly, so as of 2011, he still owns the copyrights to all the songs (that HE wrote by the way). Oh, AND once he left SSL, I think they only lasted a couple months, their new lead singer STUNK, and if you went to their band's page, all their songs were the ones with Chad singing...
ANYWHO
He has FINALLY started playing again!
Cindy went to the show and she said the bands lead singer was TERRIBLE and there was one point where Chad started singing a part of a song and someone from the crowd screamed out "I THINK YOU FOUND A NEW LEAD SINGER!"
Yes, my brother in law really is (going to be) a ROCKSTAR.
Well then Cindy said, "Oh I took some video, you want to see it?"
HECK YES WE DO!
So she showed us and I was ECSTATIC, because you see Cami was the first person to introduce this song to me...
And then good ole' Glee moved my small interest to OBSESSION
So then (naturally) I looked up the actual video...
And it only go worse from there. We are talking watching the video on repeat and so on...
So when Cindy pulled up her video from Chad's show while we were Skype-ing, I'm sure you can imagine my excitement when THIS is what I saw/heard...
And I must say, just from WATCHING the "lead singer" I agree with the person in the crowd... Doesn't he just look/act...weird...?
So naturally, I text Chad IMMEDIATELY telling him how excited I was that he was playing again and that his mom sent us the video from the show and it was AMAZING and that he needs to record a full version of that song. He responded by saying thank you, he's excited as well and that he plans on it, as well as recording Hallelujah... Which was ANOTHER song I was obsessed with for awhile, but only because of this cutie on American Idol...
I can't wait for Chad to start recording again!
So...do you believe me now?

No comments:
Post a Comment