Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wal*Mart

 Our new Wal*Mart opened today.

"Wal Mart?" You say?  "What's the big deal about WAL*MART?!"

Well, for starters the one we DID have near us was one of the old, small ones that didn't have groceries, so we would have to drive to Gulfport or D'Iberville for Wal*Mart, a 15-20 minute drive, but worth it because it was SO MUCH cheaper than Winn Dixie.  But NOW we have a Super Wal*Mart SO MUCH CLOSER.  "How close?" you ask?  RIDICULOUSLY CLOSE...

 All that separates us is a 2 lane road and a field, which I am almost certain will be turned into some sort of strip mall...

Granted, our particular apartment is on the other side of the property, its still within walking distance.

And the best part?  It has a material section!  YAY FOR CHEAP FABRIC BEING ACROSS THE STREET!


So that brings me to memories of the Super Wal*Mart in Evanston opening.  It opened on my 16th birthday (10 years ago next week).  And I got my 2nd best birthday present I have EVER gotten...

You see, my favorite uncle has this SWEET car.  A Plymouth Road Runner.  He hardly ever drives it.  He used to drive it on his birthday, but he got sick of paying to register it for one day of driving, because it was pretty expensive to do, even just the temp tag you can get was pricey for this car, especially for one day of driving.

Well for my birthday he got it registered and let me drive it.

IT...WAS...AWESOME...

Of course my dad came with me, and I believe Melissa did too.  We drove everywhere, being the 16 year old I was, I wanted EVERYONE to see me in that sweet car.  We went to Wal*Mart, past the ball fields and down all the main roads in Evanston.  It was a blast.  Got some VERY jealous looks, and even some not so nice comments at school the next day by boys who thought I didn't deserve to drive such a nice car. (they have since apologized... haha)

I think the License says "BPBP" now...(Beep Beep)
 
So are you guys jealous of me or what!?  

And of course I had to get some pics of cute little miss chillin while Daddy picked out some sunglasses!  She carried this chair from across the aisle to sit in.  Man, could she BE anymore cuter?!

Oh, abd Daddy's thinks that when I cut her hair, it changed the color.  "She's not blonde anymore" he said... Well I submit that he was WRONG... Check out that blonde streak!


 

No comments: