Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 12

Day 12
Today I am thankful for new friends and awesome support systems. I was finally able to sit down and talk a little with Cami's newest sister in law Melissa. She is such a sweetheart and I really hope I can continue to get to know her. The Hamer family is so lucky to have her. And as for support systems, Cami's husband lost his mom the week before and her funeral was Saturday. It was great to see such a turnout of support for the lost of his mother. They had an open mic time for friends and family to share their memories of Dee and one of Devin's Aunt's said the most wonderful sentence. I have been constantly looking for a way to describe just how AWESOME of a family I married into, and this stranger (to me) summed it up in one sentence...

"When I got married, I didn't get "in-laws." I got what your supposed to get...MORE FAMILY"


No comments: