Ya'll ready for this? We finally made it to California for our "Mitchell/Scallions Adventure" and boy was it worth the wait. We left Provo on Wednesday night (august 12) and stayed the first night in Primm, NV for $18 a night room...YEAH BUDDY! The rest of the travels and locations will be explained throughout the post... I'll try to keep captions and descriptions short since there are LOTS of pictures. ENJOY!!
We forgot to pack spoon for our applesauce so Cami improvised
THURSDAY
After Primm we head to California. On the way there were TONZ of Billboards for Alien Jerky so we had to check it out.
Our first stop was Six FLags Magic Mountain. Since Cami was pregnant and the roller coasters weren't the best idea for a pregnant lady, the girls hung out at the water park and the boys rode the coasters.
(Just ignore the guy in the tower)
THE BEACH!
We played at the beach pretty much all day on Friday.



We got sick of trying to body surf so we bought some cheap boogie boards instead. Well worth the $15!


Matt got sunburned...

...And I did NOT... I've come to quite like NOT being sunburned, so I was a bit of a sunscreen freak on this trip

Friday night we went down and hung out at the place called Harbor Village. We went here when my family went on vacation here when I was in 8th grade. It was so many cute shops, a nice way to wind down after a long day at the beach. And we could see the fireworks from Sea World across the Harbor!

Matt and Devin trying on some merchandise at Harbor Village
We got sick of trying to body surf so we bought some cheap boogie boards instead. Well worth the $15!
Matt got sunburned...
...And I did NOT... I've come to quite like NOT being sunburned, so I was a bit of a sunscreen freak on this trip
Friday night we went down and hung out at the place called Harbor Village. We went here when my family went on vacation here when I was in 8th grade. It was so many cute shops, a nice way to wind down after a long day at the beach. And we could see the fireworks from Sea World across the Harbor!
Matt and Devin trying on some merchandise at Harbor Village
Pretty much the highlight of my trip was to be able to FINALLY go to my favorite temple! And boy was it busy with people getting married and our session was jam packed! It was more beautiful than I imagined. I absolutely loved it. The baptistry was under construction/maintenence so Cami and Devin didn't get to come. :(


A Beluga Whale. Aren't they so cute? They are my favorite!
Sea World
Sea Lions Live Opening Act...haha
I think the Sea Lions show was my favorite, it was so funny!
I think the Sea Lions show was my favorite, it was so funny!
A Beluga Whale. Aren't they so cute? They are my favorite!
A Penguin! This was the kind that live in South America, so they could stand to be outside.

The Cold Weather Penguins
Dolphins!

A Pilot Whale

SHAMU!


SO COOL!
A STAR....fish
And a Turtle
Sting Ray
A Pilot Whale
SHAMU!
A STAR....fish
(I got in troub;e right about the time this picture was taken... Not supposed to take them out of the water...oops)
And a Turtle
Sting Ray
The Flamingos
A SHARK!
And the best part of the night was this guy right here. His "name" was Biff. He acted like he was the stage crew/maintenence man/janitor for Sea Lions tonight, but really he was pre show entertainment. PLEASE watch the video, it is MORE than worth the 7 minutes it will take. And if you DON'T laugh, I owe you ice cream. :)
Shamu ROCKS!
No really, that was the name of the night show...



SUNDAY!
Another Beach Day!

Cami and I's toes in the sand


BIG Ice Cream Cones


So Cami and I...well I drug Cami...on a 5 mile walk to the pier and back. So we went from Mission Beach to Pacific Beach. It didn't look THAT far away until we were about halfway to the pier on Pacific Beach "We're STILL not there?!"...oops....

On the Pier relaxing before our treck back

We get back to the boys, and where to the want to eat? A restaurant on Pacific Beach...So BACK we went. 7.5 miles in all... Thanks Matt for running back to get the car to pick us up after dinner, but we had a pretty view on the way there!
Shamu ROCKS!
No really, that was the name of the night show...
SUNDAY!
Another Beach Day!
Cami and I's toes in the sand
BIG Ice Cream Cones
So Cami and I...well I drug Cami...on a 5 mile walk to the pier and back. So we went from Mission Beach to Pacific Beach. It didn't look THAT far away until we were about halfway to the pier on Pacific Beach "We're STILL not there?!"...oops....

On the Pier relaxing before our treck back
We get back to the boys, and where to the want to eat? A restaurant on Pacific Beach...So BACK we went. 7.5 miles in all... Thanks Matt for running back to get the car to pick us up after dinner, but we had a pretty view on the way there!
3 comments:
Love that you posted this so fast! :) sorry you didn't sleep so good cause of my snoring husband... That first picture is horrible of me and that last picture i look EXHAUSTED. lol I love our adventures! :)
Looks like so much fun! The video is hilarious!
You are too adorable miss. You're just so cute. I love your hair. Also, I've always wanted to go to SD temple! so fun!
Post a Comment