Friday, February 27, 2009

HELLO Friends and Family!

I just thought of another poll i'm gonna do...muahahaha...

But anyway... Let me introduce you into my life for a moment...

So really I am only showing you two weekends of my life, but this is a very long post! This is how the past like month and a half has been for Matt and I on the weekends...just GO GO GO. It all started with "Lake CAR" on 1/24-25 then on the weekend of 1/31-2/1 I went to a wedding expo with Cami, Cara and their mom and then Matt and I went on a group date with our friends Matt and Kim and Todd and Drea followed by going to Nate and Tanya's to see Boyd K Packer speak. Then I got a niece on 2/6 so I ran up to Evanston after I got off at noon to hurry and meet her, see my sister and visit my family, only to turn right back around and be to class that night THEN I went wedding dress shopping with Cami on saturday afternoon and that night Matt's mom had come into town to suprise Todd and Debbie for Todd's welcome home so we went up to dinner with Cindy, Omi, Moni, Whitney and Ashley and then went to Moni to play Wii with the family and stayed at Omi's that night. Todd's welcome home was the next day (sunday). So see... most of this stuff you all knew about, but our weekend have just been insane. I think we just have one more crazy one then we have a break for a while BUT ANYWHO... Here we go...

Oh, so while we were dress shopping I took advantage of being at Davids Bridal and picked up my Bridemaid dress for my OTHER best friends wedding this summer (thats right, 2 of my best friends getting married this summer within one month of eachother...) So this is the dress Corrie picked for us to wear which i think is AWESOME, it was so comfy! And how luck am I that they have the right size and color for BOTH the dress and the little jacket. In case you were HOPING, I went with the combo on the right...











So the weekend of Valentines day...OH!! Valentines day was awesome! Even thought Matt had to work, we had an awesome day. I got my gift(s) that morning because he was so excited to give them to me that he could hardly contain himself to wait till that night. He send me on a digital scavenger hunt. If you are wondering what this is, wither ask me to ecpalin or look up information on a program called "ScanLife" for cell phones... Well I got my favorite movie IN THE WORLD, 10 Things I Hate About You. I had it on tape, but not DVD and since me technology guru husband won't ever buy a VCR play and buying the DVD is cheaper, he went for the DVD. BUT the more awesome gift was the cute little right hand ring I got...I don't have picture of it...well, maybe I do...just keep reading... Then he went to work, I stayed home and got a nice dinner ready for us. Then later that night Cami, Devin and Abbie came down to have a sleepover and prepare for the cabin...
Ok, so next day, went down to Tanessa's blessing... Had a hard time finding the church because there was more than one church in the route to the correct church...I know your thinking "In Utah?! NO! There is NEVER more than one church on the same street..." haha... I will address THIS topic again in a later post...
So the reason I went ALONE to the blessing was because Matt and Devin had yet to return from the cabin. They had to walk up (about a mile in 3+ feet of snow) to turn the gas on and get the fires going and bring the snowmobile down so us women didn't have to walk. Aren't they sweet... Ok so here are pictures of the cabin adventure...

Abbie is the happiest baby i know...seriously. She had so much fun!

The pipes were frozen and such so we needed water... We melted snow for water...


And we all know water is just too plain for a mountain adventure of this scale...

We tried melting it in the oven too...figure we were doing more evaporating and humidifying than melting and boiling

still happy!

Ahh...Kool Aid


I just love this picture. Devin and Abbie just look so peacefull

All bundled up to play int he snow! I know you can't really SEE... but Abbies outfit consisted of...Hat, Onesie, socks, footed fleece pajamas, knitted sweater, pants, shoes, socks on hands, as well as Aunt Jodi's gloves on her hands. Cami forgot Abbies gloves to we improvised. :) And we played outside for a good 30-45 min and Cami said when she took her inside and took of the wet top layers, she was like hot and sweaty underneath! WHOOT WHOOT...But I'll tell you, Abbie was NOT liking getting all those clothes on!

First sled ride!

Sleddin with Devin...

Cami braves the mountain alone

happy (future) family! haha
(Their getting married in June)

"hmm..snow...can I eat this?"

"I'm not sure about this...Just a little taste..."

"GIMMEE MORE!"
Me and Matt
OH! And see those snow pants, that was his Valentines gift...

Me Sleddin

Matt decided to bury me

But Cami burried him for me too...

And for some reason Matt coudn't get enough of tackling me in the snow... I know you can't see me, nbut thats because he POUNCED on me!


Abbie was having so much fun! She didn't ever cry when we had her on the snowmobile...Up AND back! What a good girl!

Making my sleddin trail

Just woke up...Apparently, she does this a lot...

So then this past wekend, he had the chance to go spend some time with Rikki and Eric and Jocelyn. We don't make it to their house very much, so it was nice to go visit. Overall it was a very nice, stress free, relaxing weekend. We both enjoyed ourselves a lot and want to thank Rikki and Eric for letting us crash the party!

This is most of what I saw the whole trip. Matt had a huge test this week, well three to be exact, but his Abnormal Psycology one was first so me being the nice wife I am drove most of the time.

So it's a bit of a tradition with my family and some athletic trips to stop at Little America. My grandparents were geniusus. Me, Rikki and Kristi used to always go with Grandma and Grandpa Bruce to see Uncle Roger and his family in Green River. They made it a "GAME" or a "RACE" to see who could fall asleep before the third sister. When youwere coming down that second sister and saw that LONG STRAIGHT road UP the mountain in front of you, you knew you were in trouble and needed to fall asleep QUICK! So the made it a GAME to get all three of us little girls asleep within the first 15 minutes of the trip. Then when we would wake up about a half hour later, those Little America signs were calling to us...And Little America meant one thing to us girls...ICE CREAM. But Grandpa wouldn't accept "Grandpa, can we stop and get ice cream?" Not even a "Can we PLEASE get ice cream?" It has to be a sneezing request for ice cream...and you had to do it GOOD or he wouldn't accept your plea. So make them fall asleep with ing the first 15 minutes, by the time they wake up, its time for ice cream and that should keep them quiet for the remainding 20 minutes of the drive...SEE! GENIUS!

So I tell Matt these stories, and although I don't think he's listening cuz he's reading, I was just sick of silence (I'm a talker), when we were at the Little America exit and almost PAST it, he was like "Well aren't you gonna stop? But WAIT! I haven't heard you 'sneeze'..." So I sneezed ice cream and we got to stop!



Matt finally meets his first full blooded niece (Rikki has a step daughter...) But he's still studying...

Her "Jazz" bow


check out those atlers!

Mama loves her baby girl...

Matt found a buddy. He loves cats, and this cat started to love him... Although as you can see Matt was CLEARLY just using her...

Rikk's three babies

So we hadn't really been outside all day after we had got there and Rikki went out to get the mail and was like "It is SO NICE out today...We need to go on a walk!" So here we are down at Expedition Island in Green River going for a walk. There is nothing Matt love more than ebing outside, she just had a ball...

The river was still completely frozen over, so we are standing on THE RIVER...

Matt taking the dogs UP the slide


And down


So then he starts doing cartwheels and goofing off in the grass...and we just had to get video of this, and luckily, we got one of his best performances. He was watching the Summer Olympic and apparently there is (I think) rythmic gymnastics, where they have like props that the use and do all these crazy trick and moves...Here is Matt's interpretations of it...




Rikki making sure she will be able to walk the baby AND the dogs at the same time

I've never known or learned how to do a cart wheel and Matt wanted to teach me, I still can't do them though. I have this thing that I CAN'T let me feet be above my head. I tink is because I've fallen onto my back and head so many times it scares me to death to be in that position

And here is my video of trying to cart wheel and then Matt making fun of me/showing me what I was doing... haha




My FAVORITE picture

The hat Kristi made her...

She's so cute when she sleep with her mouth open, well she cute ALWAYS, but this is just precious

Cuddling with dad... Rikki need to give her a bath and get her to bed and Eric PASSED OUT holding her like this, so when Rikki picked Jocelyn up he like jerk awake and was all sad she was taking her. It was so cute, like his baby girl was his own personal comfort blanket or teddy bear...Can you say Daddy's Girl?

Doesn't so much care for bath time...

or just being naked in general...

But she sure does like being dry and dressed!


It was a long day, they all needed a nap...

This was one of the highlights of the whole trip... I loved how her tiny little hand was just resting on me...it was so hard to leave.

One last cuddle time...

Matt's more for the like 8-9 month old babies that can play with you...

Man! So on the way home I told Matt about this little Ghost Town called Piedmont, so he said why not?! Lets go check it out. I told him how one of my best friends' (Natalie) family owned all that around here so we came out here a lot.

These are the charcoal kilns that were used back during the pioneer times. The mormon trail goes right through Natalie land...pretty cool


I still don't undertsnad how three of them are FINE and strong as ever and one is crumbled to the ground like this





As we were heading back to the interstae to get on our way Matt was like "wait...People LIVE out here?"
"Yeah."
"Did they ever leave their house?"
"Yeah...everyday, I went to school with Natalie..."
"That's just crazy. Thats WAY to long of a drive to just got to school..."

haha...Oh my city boy husband...
WELCOME TO WYOMING

So another weekend is quickly approaching and its not quite like the past few but still a dosie. Nothing really planned for tomorrow, although it is my papa's birthday, but we are having his birthday dinner on Sunday. He's turning 50! CRAZY STUFF! But BEFORE the dinner on Sunday we have Nate and Tanya's twin boys' baby blessing.

HOORAY for another ACTION PACKED weekend in the life of the Mitchell's!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Holy Moly you are the queen of The Mother Post! I love it. :) How long does that take you???

Love all the pics!

Ashton said...

I think that is the longest post I have ever seen! Haha. That's funny what your husband said about people living out there. I remember when I had to ride the bus for an hour each way! Crazy!

Megan said...

What a precious baby girl! She is SO cute! My first cute niece is also Jocelyn too! Happy day!