Saturday, May 17, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Ok, are you guys ready for this? I really hope you have a few minutes, because going through my pictures of all the stuff I've done since the last time I've blogged, APPARENTLY I've had a pretty eventful life. So i hope you all have a couple of minutes. I'll try to keep description as short as possible.


Lets start it off with just a cute picture. I don't know where we were or what we were doing but, i thought it was cute.




So my sister finally got her birthday present, well half of it at the beginning of April and her and Eric treated us all to a Jazz game. It was so much fun! I love my family!

So along with the Jazz game, we all stayed the night at the Radisson I believe it was, the place with the sleep number beds? Well we were doing some research to see if the 13th floor was blank or if the floor that was supposed to be 14 was in fact just 13. And we came to the conclusion that if you are sleeping on the 14th floor of a hotel, you are in fact on the 13th floor *GASP!*
But in the stairwell we find genius at work....
What direction do "N's" go?
How do you spell "SMOKING?"
What way is up on a "G?"

The next day we went shopping, kinda. Matt unfortunately had to work, so it was just the parents, Rikki, Eric and I. We were kinda tired, so we stayed in the car while the parents went into Lowes. And it was a GOOD thing, look how adorable this picture is! :)
I love my sister and new brother!



So I go home that night only to go back up to Salt Lake the next morning for General Conference. Absolutely amazing. Matt and I have been blessed enough to be able to attend President Hinkley's last conference and President Monson's first. Thank you to our families that have helped us to get tickets to each of them.

There is a lady in our ward who sings in the MoTab, Her son is in our nursery. He is Matt and I's Favorite. ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE

MSS
(Mormom Secret Service)



...What happens when Matt gets bored...



My best friend Cami has recently invited me to join her and her friends from High School to join them for a "Girl's Night" once a week. Its been so fun. this is the shower we threw for her that Emily put on. It was so much fun, and I'm so glad Cami has introduced me to her amazing friends.
It looks like she was afraid of the gift I gave her...
(Left to right) Kelly, Mo, Carly, Cami, Emily, her nephew, and uh me...down in front. :)



I get home from the shower and Matt had a bad/long day at work, so he wanted to go be outside. He has been DYING to see where Sundance is, so we drove up there, only to find about a 5 foot snow pack...STILL.



I was so prepared for this liitle outing, can't you tell?



Next came MY birthday! We went to eat at the Mayan. This is Cami and Cara, two of my very best friends. I'm so glad they were able to come!

This is the only picture, well halfway decent, that we got of Matt and I that night....I don't know why though..

Same story here.... Usually i'm so good, I must have been slacking!

But here is a good one of Mama and Papa!

um...yeah. Self explanitory



Ok, so I want up to Evanston and did this "Make-Up for a Rodeo Queen" Workshop. It was so much fun and I actually took some before and after pictures. They always suggest this, but this is the first time in thee years that I have done it. I cold not BELIEVE the difference. I love the PROOF of the amazingness of the product! :)

Befores... ...Afters
















Sophie...Isn't she just the cutest little thing....



I poured so water on Matt's head and the BYU volleyball game...This is how he repays me...Right when the camera goes off...NO acting is going on here...

UC Irvine ANTEATERS...man, I so should have went to school there....YThat is the SCARIEST Mascot I have EVER HEAR OF! ;



Matt is absolutely loving the mountains around here. We go on hikes every Sunday, well ALMOST every Sunday...




I'm starting to get more brave with climbing. It's a lot of fun!



So I come home from work. Mat is done with school so he is home alone in the morning, because he was waiting for stuff to go though so he could start driving for FedEx in the mornings.
And this is what I open the fridge too....

Apparently my husband like his chips served COLD.
And this wasn't the first time I've come home to this situation. Tortillas have been in the freezer, milk on the lazy-susan, cereal in the fridge...
I love my husband.




Oh, the infamous Y mountain.
ok, so I DID stop to rest, btu i promise I wasn't this tired. THIS picture depicts some acting...
Rocky SO should have trained here. The Art Museum step in Philly were NOTHING compared to this. Trust me, I've been there...Coming back down the trail.

We conquered Y Mountain!




So Cami finally had her baby. Starting the beginning of April, her doctor was telling her "Any day now" so May 6th could not come fast enough. She asked me to be in the delivery room with her so i had attended some birthing classes with her as her support person. I had been prepared with a bag of stuff for over night and my camera and such, but the day she actually went to the hospital, the bag was at my house. So I had no camera. And I was in heels... Luckily her dad brought me some flip flops. It was AMAZING to be in the delivery room with her and her mom. She did so good. They gave her the epidurl immediately after she go addmitted so she never really feel a lot of the contractions. When the broke her water she went from a 6 to a 10 within a half hour. The nurse then waited an hour for the contrations to continue to push the baby down. When she actually started pushing at 8:15, it was going FAST. At just 8:35, int eh middle of a contraction in the middle of her pushing the nurse HAS to stop her to get the doctor. Once the doctor was in the room she only pushed like twice and that baby was joining her mom in this world at about 8:45. She was beautiful. 7 lbs 6 oz 19 1/2 inches long.
The fist thing Cami said to me was "Jodi, your labor is going to be so long and your gonna hate me" i laughed because I know she was right. I love her and look up to Cami so much for all she has done and how she has grown. And now she has the BEAUTIFUL healthy baby girl, that Not only me, but Matt also absolutely loves.

Abigail Renae Hamer
(1 Day Old)




Mama brought Rikki and Eric to the Airport on their way to London and I met them (though a little late) for lunch in Salt Lake.




Then I went to see Abbie again... She was just waking up. I love this picture.


PHEW! I'm all done. All caught up. Sorry about that everyone! hope you all enjoy this. More posts soon, cuz believe it or not, I have a lot more picture, from just one week, that are still on my camera... And you've probably had enough for one post...

2 comments:

chamer said...

goodness, you did have a lot to catch us up on. I love it. :)

Jen said...

Holy poo girl, you weren't kidding. Fun pics! I love the hiking pictures. I'm so glad you are happy and having fun. love ya!