Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A Surprise Date

Ok, So about last week Matt had mentioned that we don't really do enough so on his day off/family night I decided I wanted to surprise him with an adventure. So I blind folded him and took him up to where we got our engagement pictures, the first setting anyway. I thought it would be really special and relieve some of the tension we had had lately. Well it definitely worked and here are a couple pictures/my documentation of the experience.


So we get up there and park the car, all the while he had been trying to trace in his mind the streets to figure out where we were going. I think I ended up confusing him, but he was pretty unsteady when he got out of the car, hence the bracing...

So we get up to where I was glad to get to and before I revealed to him where we were, I had to take pictures (you know, for documentation) :)

This was the first thing he saw as the blind fold was taken off. This is where our very first engagement pictures were taken...

He is obviously still adjusting to the UNblindfoldedness... (aka looks HIGH) haha

So when I got after work I had stopped at Panda Express to get some food for dinner because the week before when we had been fasting, he had mentioned he wanted Chinese food, so I'm a good listener and made his wish my command. So we ate that and then drove down off the mountain and decided we needed dessert, so we stopped off at DQ and decided to SHARE a larger cone, but even SHARING, this large cone was a little much! Wouldn't you agree?

We got home with a little headway on the cone, it was still holding strong though. Check out the size of the CONE itself, let alone the ice cream that was piled outside of it...

Well I'm happy to report that my plan worked, we had a lot of fun, relieved the tension and livened up our life. Now that the weather is getting so much nicer, there will be nothing but more adventures to come! And I'll be sure to keep you posted!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

What a good wife you are. I don't think I have ever taken Rhett on a surprise date. I know how hard it can be being newly married and both working and going to school. You are so creative and a wonderful person.

Jen said...

You're such a cute wife jodi! I can't believe you're a wife still. :)

Rikki Shantz said...

HEy you cute little thing! How lucky is that Matt! How as Etown this weekend??