

This was our bus. Even though we were with Anderson tours, this is not his own private tour bus...It worked out pretty sweet though! GO ANDERSON!
Fayette, NY
Peter Whitmer Farm

The actual (restored) farm house
Palmyra, NY



Literally a church on every corner
The Sacred Grove


The view of the sacred grove from the Smith home
The Smith Home

E.B. Grandin Print Shop
Where the first Books of Mormon were published


These are the ORIGINAL paintings of these pictures. They are in the E.B. Grandin Building...
The restored headstone is on the left and the original is on the right, it is still on headstone though, just front and back
Hill Cumorah


It rained while we were there and it was a church site, so of course the landscaping and flowers were B-E-A-UTIFUL!
Palmyra New York Temple



The stained glass windows depicted the sacred Grove. It was gorgeous.

The view of the sacred grove from the temple.
So apparently this is the only temple that has clear windows in the...Celestrial Room (I believe is what I was told) so that you could look out and see the Sacred Grove. Also notice that the trees are all cleared on the hill so you can see the actuall grove. I didn't get a picture of the temple from the Grove though. On the pathway (Stafford Road I think) between the log home and the frame home on the Smith farm there is a bench that you can sit on and reversly have a clear view of the temple from the Grove.






1 comment:
Hi Jodi!
Its Sarah Atkinson, well, now Sarah Romer. I saw the link to your blog on Kristi's site, and thought I would check it out. I think your posts look great! I love all the pics of New York and the Church History Sights. I hope I can do a tour like that someday. Can't wait to see more!
Post a Comment