Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Starting in May...

IT'S SUMMERTIME!



And boy did I start it off with a BANG! Just a few shorts days after my last final I hopped on a bus FULL of people, only KNOWING about ..um.. 5, headed for the Denver airport to catch a plane to the BIG APPLE. I went with Brother Anderson and Brother Williams and many other students, primarily from UW but from all around Wyoming and some Utahns. It was a week long church History tour guided by our very own Brother Anderson who owns his own church history tour company. (It's called Anderson Tours...HIGHLY RECCOMENDED by yours truly.







So our first stop was Houston, TX en route to NYC. On our way to New York Chad and I made a friend who was flying home to NIGERIA. He was super cool. We talked the WHOLE 3 1/2 hour flight. His name is Bayo.












Then (if we wanted to) we went to the New York Yankees game. I was not dressed for the occasion, it REALLY cools down when the sun sets. But it was pretty sweet. My VERY first PROFESSIONAL baseball game.













Here are just a couple more random pictures form New York...







Yeah, we had to keep brother Anderson Under control...














Times Square












New York Stock Exchange











Vetrans Memorial...I think...




Ground Zero









On top of the Empire State Building





China Town








Les Miserables




And the HIGHLIGHT of the New York portion of the tour...

The Manhatten Temple was amazing. It was so neat to be in the heart of New York crazy where it is crazy busy, high stress and walk in one building and feel completely at peace and out and away from all the world. We always say that its so nice to go to the temple and get away from the worldly things of your life but this statement does not come to life more than when you are in New York.






"And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundationn; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall. " -Helaman 5:12












Just a funny advertisement in a subway

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Your chinese pictures makes you look just like your Mom!! love the pics only wished I could have gone with you!!