Ohio...Areas
So my camera, well memory card, started flipping out about this time in the trip, so I didn't get all the pictures I wanted, like of the TEMPLE, but here are some that I DID get. ENJOY!!

So while we were there the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit was there. It was pretty interesting...
So this was some sort of oil lamp that fathers of that time had. When their daughter would go on a date and come home, it was normal for the girl and the young man to sit on the front porch and talk. The father would put out this lamp for light. When the flame went out, she had to come it. So if the dad liked the guy, he would put a lot of oil in it, if he didn't, he wouldn't put as much oil...
About 3 hours after getting to Ohio I remembered that I had a friend that had served a mission to Torrington (Denver North) but had been home for awhile, so I asked him how far he was from Kirtland and it was only like 45 minutes, so he came to see me the next day, it was a SHORT visit but proved to be VERY productive...



No comments:
Post a Comment